E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here used the Tornado air cycling device? I saw the infomercial the other nite at like 3AM. It is supposed to give a couple HP increase to most cars, but more importantly, give better gas milage. it does this by enabling the air to mix better with the gasoline?

They tested this on an Impalla SS, and marked a supposed 20hp gain at the Wheels.

Any info is apreciated, as i am usually very wary of these Infomercial TV items.... (although the G27 Scratch Remover has worked rather well, thankfully havent had to use it on MY car yet).

-brendan

·
OG Moderator Extraordinaire
5,358 Posts
Yes... you should definitely buy one. In fact, buy 2... if put together, they work 3 times as well!

JK.. don't waste your money on this crap. 100% total BS...

not worth putting it on your car if they paid you...

do yourself a favor and stay away from infomercials :tongue:

peace
B

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
That device is supposed to replicate a vortex flow. Much like a real "tornado". Yes, vortex flow is more efficient and does mix better. That's what you do when you stir to dissolve sugar in your cup of latte in the morning. However, putting a device into the tube obstructs the flow too.

I'd say the idea is good, but to market the product and claim performance increase is fraudulent.

·
Registered
284 Posts
simsima325 said:
Has anyone here used the Tornado air cycling device? I saw the infomercial the other nite at like 3AM. It is supposed to give a couple HP increase to most cars, but more importantly, give better gas milage. it does this by enabling the air to mix better with the gasoline?

They tested this on an Impalla SS, and marked a supposed 20hp gain at the Wheels.

Any info is apreciated, as i am usually very wary of these Infomercial TV items.... (although the G27 Scratch Remover has worked rather well, thankfully havent had to use it on MY car yet).

-brendan
Swirling to improve burn efficiency is a property of cylinder head and piston top design. Snake oil.

·
Imported *******
834 Posts
Well, if you are wondering about those test cars, you're probably asking that surely the company was not totally lying (it'd be false advertisement or something).

But, I read somewhere that those cars did get the increases in HP, but what tornado failed to mention was that they added new headers, exhaust, and other mods to the impalla in addition to their tornado kit to get the increase in HP.

You'd find out quickly a lot of shady import tuners use these type of advertisement. How else do you think they can claim 20HP out of an Intake??

·
Believe it!!!
804 Posts
hm. i saw that commercial plenty of times.. but to be honest.. if the tornado really did work.. then we'd all be having one.

hahaha.... its an inffomercial... maybe you get .5 HP increase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts