1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
looks nice.... music hurt my head though lol

·
Registered
974 Posts
Ah, Bob Seger.... and the legendary boot lid...what a combo!

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, Bob Seger.... and the legendary boot lid...what a combo!
LOL ..the original music was Bob Dylan "The times they are a changing" but ///Pulo complained it made his head hurt, so I changed it to Bob Segar's best song.

I am stuck in the 70's.

As to the car, in real life it looks almost show room good. I only wish I could afford some nice mods.

When I can I will tint windows, new 18" wheels but no drop, Replica M3 bumper. All in the fullness of time. I won't sacrifice ride by dropping the car. It looks great but I don't like the trade off.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
LOL ..the original music was Bob Dylan "The times they are a changing" but ///Pulo complained it made his head hurt, so I changed it to Bob Segar's best song.

I am stuck in the 70's.

As to the car, in real life it looks almost show room good. I only wish I could afford some nice mods.

When I can I will tint windows, new 18" wheels but no drop, Replica M3 bumper. All in the fullness of time. I won't sacrifice ride by dropping the car. It looks great but I don't like the trade off.
i rekon save up more and buy the OEM m-tec II bar. if youve got it looking like that, dont skimp and get a bar that doesnt have 100% fitment.

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i rekon save up more and buy the OEM m-tec II bar. if youve got it looking like that, dont skimp and get a bar that doesnt have 100% fitment.
I didn't know that the rep m3 did not fit properly. Thanks Aaron.

Hey Declan, you have one..what's the word?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Nice work consty... do a detailed write up on how and what you did.
I've got the facelift sedan as well. The Mtech 2 suits better for facelifted sedans than the M3 rep IMO. So when you decide to do it, check both out. There are plenty of cars with either in this forum.

Wheels are a must too, 16 inch stocks just dont bring out the best. Made a huge difference when I got the 18 inch wheels. I haven't dropped my car either nor am I planning to.
Otherwise keep a look out for sports seats ... they make a huge difference to the ride quality too. So does the M-sport steering wheel as you are using that every minute you're in the car so IMO it's a big bang for your buck mod.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
You speaking from experience?
i did purchase a rep bar for my previous car, and fitment was not 100% compared to OEM. that being rep bars can be made to fit 95% but thats not good enough in my opinion, which is what i was providing before.

i know heaps of you guys are running rep bars, and im not trying to offend anyone, but yea..............if it was me id go OEM and get installed by someone like Berlina Body Works

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fgin,

Thanks man,

How about posting a few pics so I can see your car? I'd like to see how a facelift looks with nice wheels, bumper but no drop.

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Video doesn't do any justice, but it does appear to look very clean :)
You are right. I am just figuring out how to video a car to its best advantage. Next time I will try and do it a bit better. Using a decent camera would help too. I only had a cheap little digital still camera that also takes a bit of video.

I was pleased as punch to be able to use moviemaker to add a soundtrack.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
fgin,

Thanks man,

How about posting a few pics so I can see your car? I'd like to see how a facelift looks with nice wheels, bumper but no drop.
This is how it used to look when I bought it and I loved it as it was;

Then I got bitten by the mod bug at some stage.
Here are some I posted not too long ago;

Im waiting to get;
- the Mtech 2 side skirts painted and fitted
- my favourite BMW wheels (the style 135) finally fitted.

enjoy :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts