BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn!!! I was driving to work on the 405 freeway this morning, and it felt like i was riding on a flat tire. so i stop off at the gas station off of the freeway. the guy couldnt find a nail or anything, so he put air in the tire. he had me pull forward slowly to check the entire tire, and what do you know, he found something. he tells me to come take a look. i bend down and sure enough, my 19" Lowenhart BR-5 wheel is bent in two spots. im so freakin pissed right now. so i have my 17" stock spare on my left rear and it looks funny with all 19" wheels. i need your advice. what do i do here? do i have to buy a brand new wheel and tire? or is it possible to get the wheel fixed? TIA....

Jason

·
moderation in all things
908 Posts
need pics...

depends on how bad it is, but i'm thinking you need a new rim/tire.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
sounds bad

sorry to hear, that sucks.

SO what exactly happened to have cause the damage?

I got a flat over the weekend and had to forcefully fork out $200 on the spot to get a brand new tire for my 18" wheel.

I found out later that I could have brought the same tire for much less. Good thing you opted to put on the spare, something I should have done and waited for to save $50... :banghead:

·
Bimmerless
1,963 Posts
If the lip isnt folded or ripped, just bent, it should be repairable. If you dont have any good shops down in SoCal, Wheel Techniques up here does awesome work. I used to have to see them every damn winter. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I'm interested in knowing how you bent your rim.

That was the reason why I was scared to go up to 19s and decided on 18s, though the 19s are growing on me a lot.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually the bend is on the inside of the wheel, under the car. there are two spots that are definitely bent, and it caused two bubbles in the tire. most likely i hit a pothole, or a bump or something hard. i dont remember hitting anything hard in the road, but i guess things happen. most likely im gonna have to get a new wheel. so besides having a dent in my wheel, im gonna have a dent in my wallet now!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I heard from my friends that this place does a very good job. They also wont charge you an arm and leg to fix your bent wheels. Good luck.

Tru Wheel
12547 Sherman Way
North Hollywood, CA 91605
1-800-FIX-A-Rim
Local phone: (818) 765-5577
www.fixarim.com

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your rim, but I don't know you. Why are you addressing your post to me?

Regards,

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aaarrrgghhhh said:
I am sorry to hear about your rim, but I don't know you. Why are you addressing your post to me?

Regards,
sorry i wasnt addressing my post to you. i was saying ARGH cause i was pissed off. funny name though.

·
Kleemann Info Centre GmBH
492 Posts
jpetch said:

thats awesome, thanks bud! :thumbup:
Welcome man! Always glad to help a fellow Los Angelians!:pimpin: Maybe i can join your meets one of these days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts