Votes: 39 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 13.3%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
****SORRY FOR THE BAD WORDING IN THE POLL. QUESTION IS 'SHOULD I KEEP MY ARMREST?' ****

I'm considering going the no armrest route, but wasn't really sure. I've gotten used to having an armrest, but I also kinda wanted to change up the interior a bit. What do you guys have? What do you think? Pics would be cool too.

·
Registered
26,420 Posts
I think pretty few have done this, but I did and I love it...and don't miss the armrest at all. The only negative for me is a slight kink in the carpet about 2" back from where the old console sat.

Very easy work...and I love not only not hitting the armrest, but being able to get to my ipod in rear ashtray and stuff on the rear seat.

I hated my armrest! ...and it is a clean look. Don't think I have photos, but I'll look.

Doug

Found one, but I know it's not the angle you wanted.

The photo of the trunk I just tossed in because Jake said you guys might be interested in finding a tie down in the trunk, hiding up above the trays on the sides in the rear. I fit the end of an appropriately bent bungee cord up there, and can secure things like a cooler, right in that corner. I anyone is interested, I'll do a better job of explaining!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I want to do this too mine. Looks much cleaner and gets in the way of my shifting. With a euro tray it will look great! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I want to do this too mine. Looks much cleaner and gets in the way of my shifting. With a euro tray it will look great! :thumbsup:
Yeah, I've already got a new short euro tray and coin holder. Just wondering if I should delete the armrest.

It's either always on the steering wheel, fondling the shift knob, or busy doing other stuff...like just hanging off my shoulder! I haven't lost it one time! :lmao:
:lmao: Pretty funny. Yeah my right arm is doing one of three things: On the wheel, shifting, or holding my girls hand. Now that I think of it, I guess I really don't need the armrest. :thanks:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Delete the armrest and you lose the (shhh) secret tray!
Yea Doug I'm waiting for it...

·
Registered
974 Posts
Sorry mate, the beagles made me type that.
They told me you'd reply with: "What secret tray?"
Can't trust 'em.

·
Registered
26,420 Posts
Sorry mate, the beagles made me type that.
They told me you'd reply with: "What secret tray?"
Can't trust 'em.
You know what you can do to make them more trustworthy? They just need a little love is all...so I hear! :lmao:

Well, removing armrest also gives you access to more secret spots! I can't tell you where they are, but I'll give you a hint...the rear ashtray is now very accessible and the cupholder lifts up very easily now...and then there's that other secret spot I discovered while doing my right front window regulator.

You'll never guess and it is a threadjack, so nevermind!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I actually don't even use that secret tray. I've opened it maybe once or twice.

·
Registered
461 Posts
i dont even know how you can consider taking off the arm rest.
its soooo annoying not having a place to rest your arm on long drives...

·
Registered
26,420 Posts
i dont even know how you can consider taking off the arm rest.
its soooo annoying not having a place to rest your arm on long drives...
I just did three 7-hour trips last week; didn't miss it at all.

I'm thinking I should also say, "Because Racecar"!

Also, as far as 'keeping your hands on wheel all the time' I'll just say that I'm glad there's finally another fanatic obviously older than me! :lmao:

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Both hands should always be on the wheel. Your right hand should only be touching the shift knob when you need to shift.
Someone just passed drivers ed. :luv:

·
Registered
505 Posts
When I purchased my car last year it came without an armrest and I was very annoyed. A few months ago I installed an armrest and it's been great for me. I recommend keeping your armrest.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
I do not know how people go about not having an armrest. It serves its purpose, "arm rest". Of course, if your driving a vehicle with automatic transmission, it might benefit you?:dunno:

Personally, I like relaxing my arm on the armrest after getting to the gear that I need to be in, till I have to redo the process all over again.

Leaving your hand on the shift knob is not a great idea either. I did read that you should have clearance. And by putting force on the knob (resting your hand on it), might not be a good idea

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
You want to take the armrest out? Is your interior tan? I need an armrest for my '00 323. I can't stand not having an armrest. I have an E36 and an E46, the 36 has an armrest and the 46 does not. Armrest is the only way to fly.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts