BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read this in BMW magazine some time ago. It's supposed to have bullet proof windows and doors, and can run on flat tires up to 40 miles. But is this actually available to general public to order? If so, has anyone inquired about details such as cost and options?
Do they also make bullet proof coupes?
What about aftermarket companies do this kind of thing? turning stock car into a bullet proof car without changing its appearance?

·
Registered
296 Posts
You can always go to an independent shop that will do that.

Keep in mind that the windows alone will add a ton of weight to the car and it will get hot as an oven in the summer. Literally an oven.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
///M3Matt said:
are you really that important?
hahahha funny funny :lmao:

·
Registered
236 Posts
:hmm:
and why do you wanna know this ?
*cough* terrorist *cough* :shhh:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't really need to have it. But it does make you feel safer when you have to travel in the evenings through less friendlier neighbourhoods. There were a couple of incidents last year involving armed robbery of BMW owners in my area, one X5 and one 328, both in bright daylight.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,756 Posts
Ok, I understand now. I say you get it.
I've always thought that would be hilarious, for a carjacker to stand there and try and punch through your window... :rofl:

JL

·
TiAg 330i
568 Posts
i6power said:
I don't really need to have it. But it does make you feel safer when you have to travel in the evenings through less friendlier neighbourhoods. There were a couple of incidents last year involving armed robbery of BMW owners in my area, one X5 and one 328, both in bright daylight.
if you need to drive through a bad neighborhood, you really shouldn't drive a bmw...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
deletedpenguin said:
You live in Canada. What are you scared of? :hmm:

LOL that is what I was thinking...

I haven't carried a house key or locked my house in my entire life. You should just chill out d00d

·
Registered
880 Posts
Jackboot said:
LOL that is what I was thinking...

I haven't carried a house key or locked my house in my entire life. You should just chill out d00d
What's your address :eeps: :eeps:

·
booo for body roll.
3,435 Posts
a gun would be amuch better investment. infact, get two identical ones so if someone tries to jack you can whip them out and start shooting. oooo and get silencers too.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts