BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a hurry going to class today, and I hit my front left fender to my carport pole. It seems that there is a dent to it, and the paint off the pole is on my car... I will take pics later (currently in class)

Should I take my car to a body shop or to a bmw dealer?

Anyone know any good body shop in san fernando valley area?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
does anyone know a paintless dent removal guy in socal? preferably in sand fernando valley

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cowmoo32 said:
I can...OUCH! Such a shiny car too. Sorry man, that sux. I hope you wont have to have that repainted.
I dont think I have to get it repainted... its only white paint from the pole

·
Obey my dog
2,643 Posts
ouch, if it's repairable, it will definetly need paint. if it's popped out the painted will probably stretch and/or crack.

·
Banned
4,174 Posts
yup, you'll need a new fender. i'm pretty sure that it can't be banged out at that area. but call a good body shop and they'll tell you forsure.

Try reporting to your insurance as a hit and run?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I just buffed some of the paint out

anyone have a good reccomendation for a body shop in socal, preferably in san fernando valley area?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TeKNiC330 said:
yup, you'll need a new fender. i'm pretty sure that it can't be banged out at that area. but call a good body shop and they'll tell you forsure.

Try reporting to your insurance as a hit and run?
YGPM

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,779 Posts
Screw fixing it man. Be smart. Report to insurance, take it to the body shop, and get the body shop to either order M3 fenders or Tornado fenders. I would personally do the M3 ones... then get the hamann grill covers... MMM. Since it's OEM, they can't say no. I think it'll fit...
When my trunk got a hole put through it, I got an 04 trunk with the elongated handle free of charge...

JL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts