BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I come out to drive to school and I see an egg, splattered all over my back windshield and a little of the trunk (the point of impact was on the border of the trunk/windshield). Of course, I immediately wash the goo off my windshield, but didn't dare clean the trunk w/o washing the car properly. So I left it, thinking the dealership will clean it for me.

But i get it back last night, there was still a piece of eggshell...it was literally STUCK on my trunk. I tried to peel it off but hurt my fingernail :cry:

How do I get the shell off? I was thinking to heat up water, and slowly pour it on the shell until the goo melts so I can remove it..But would hot water harm the paint?

:ben: ahhhhh fukin' haters!!!

I'll post pictures when I get back home....

:cry:

Amber

·
Registered
550 Posts
you need to take the egg off the paint ASAP because egg will eat up your paint. My civic back in the day was egged and where the egg actually landed on my pain is where the paint was actually damaged.

·
Registered
666 Posts
get a towel real wet with warm water and let the towel sit on the egg area for a hour or so. This should loosen the egg so it can be washed off with a mit and carwash.

·
Banned
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys..

I got the egg shell and goo off....

The results.....:cry: :cry: I dont think any amount of Zaino will take that away.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why i hate people my age, they need to get a life...they should join some car forum or something and spend 1/2 their day on it...f17ckin' losers.

·
Banned
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
don't mind the swirls....double :cry:

·
Banned
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
04ragtop said:
get a towel real wet with warm water and let the towel sit on the egg area for a hour or so. This should loosen the egg so it can be washed off with a mit and carwash.
Yup! thats what I did, came off...but still not too pretty...:sigh:

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,639 Posts
Amber sorry to hear about that ....

Thos F-ing haters :ben:

·
Resident CF Whore
2,889 Posts
So many punks and bastards out there...
I know how you feel.
Someone did a key job on my car and I got half the car repainted with money out of my own pocket. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts