E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Conceited Prick
1,916 Posts
Yes, those are M6 spy pics.

·
Banned
620 Posts
Beckham007 said:
dont mea to hate here, cuz the m6 is still good, but i would never justify myself payin that much for an m6... if i cold get some real perf car like a porsche...
But a porsche won't seat 4 and won't have as much space, it isn't a fair comparison.

It would be the same as comparing a 911 C2 to an M3, the performance numbers are similar but they are still 2 different types of cars.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Beckham007 said:
dont mea to hate here, cuz the m6 is still good, but i would never justify myself payin that much for an m6... if i cold get some real perf car like a porsche...
Yeah ok man, that makes a TON of sense, considering the M6 will be just as fast if not faster than most porsches you see on the road. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

M6 = M5 Engine = 7 speed smg = VERY FAST :str8pimpi

·
Registered
0 Posts
the ownership of a porsche is much more expensive.... 15k service is $450, 30K service is $700, clutch only lasts about 50K which is a $1500-2000 job. I would consider the m6 because of the lower cost of ownership, but then again I cant compare anything driving close to the experience of my porsche.

4,171 Posts
phrankandbeanz said:
the ownership of a porsche is much more expensive.... 15k service is $450, 30K service is $700, clutch only lasts about 50K which is a $1500-2000 job. I would consider the m6 because of the lower cost of ownership, but then again I cant compare anything driving close to the experience of my porsche.
Hmmm... you might want to talk to E39 M5 owners about their service costs. They would love to have a clutch that made it to 50K miles, most are getting between 10K and 30K. With continual vanos, timing sensor, and short-lived brake problems added into the equation, owning the E39 M5 is not a cheap proposition.

It will be interesting to see how the E60 M5 with it's significantly more complicated engine and electronics actually holds up. Reports from dealers about the E60 say it's a miracle if they get the car out within two days for _any_ service, simply because a module or software update campaign is usually in effect.

Makes the Porsches seem rock-solid and reasonable to maintain in comparison!

But they are different cars with different driving dynamics, none of them can replace the other.

- Rob

·
Registered
653 Posts
Sticky said:
But a porsche won't seat 4 and won't have as much space, it isn't a fair comparison.

It would be the same as comparing a 911 C2 to an M3, the performance numbers are similar but they are still 2 different types of cars.
ur right .. i didnt make a fair comparison, cuz they are 2 dif fcars and marketed a bit diffferently, i just tmeant to say w/ that me personally id go w/ a porsche...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts