BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 330i zhp and need to remove the stock stereo. From what I understand, you pry up the trim (is there a good place to do this or tool, or a clip, want to make sure I don't damamge the trim) and then there are just some screw underneith which keep the stereo in, and thats basically it. Any help with what you guys did appreciated, just don't want to mess up the trim and want to see what you guys think is the best way to get it up.

thanks
Cavan

·
Registered
682 Posts
That's the way it is on my 1999 328. Start on the trim on the far right. Look for the DIY.

·
Banned
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
didn't see much

And it seems really easy, but whats the best way to get the trim off without hurting it, thats all I want to make sure of....

thanks for the help
Cavan

·
Flex UK Style
2,552 Posts
Put some sellotape on the end of a small screwdriver and then slide the taped end under the trim. You don't actually need too much force to get the trim away. All you need is enough of a gap for your fingers to do the rest.

I've done this a couple of times using those TINY screwdrivers you use to tighten up sunglasses and it works perfect.

But as has been stated, start from the passenger side, work your way in. The stereo removal is actually pretty easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts