BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i currently dont have xenons and i was wondering if there are any bulbs that i can buy that will make my lights brighter and sort of make them shine like xenon.

·
Bimmerless
1,862 Posts
You can buy bluer bulbs, but it aint gonna make them actually brighter. It will have a brighter look from a far distance, but when you get closer, you can tell right away they arent projection lighting.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so is there is nothing to make them a bit whiter by chance or brighter? im not trying to make my car look like it has xenons im just looking for a better/brighter bulb? since i dont have the money to buy xenons right now.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Sure there r some. I just purchased some of Jimmy's Bmw xenon bulbs and they look 99.9% xenons. They light output is 5000k and they r very easy to install. He only makes these bulbs for German cars and there about $115 with shipping for the low beams:thumbup:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just put silverstars in my 97 Acura CL and the low beams (9006) are very xenon-like. They are much brighter than stock and have a similar hue. They're great! I then put silverstars in my high beams (9005) and they are a big disappointment. While they may be a bit brighter than stock, they have a white/yellow glow and do not match the lowbeams at all.

Autozone here in Chicago has them for $19.99 each with a $10 rebater per pair (per household).

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
sanman10535 said:
Sure there r some. I just purchased some of Jimmy's Bmw xenon bulbs and they look 99.9% xenons. They light output is 5000k and they r very easy to install. He only makes these bulbs for German cars and there about $115 with shipping for the low beams:thumbup:
Are they just plug n play bulbs? Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Get phillips vision plus....they are the brightest you will find if that is what u are after. Its all a tradeoff......if u want xenon looking bulbs they wont be brighter. Go for the brighter ones and forget about looks if that is what u are after. Also, I heard jimmy's bulbs are 15 dollar bulbs repackaged......again.....I have not used them...just what I heard........

·
Banned
614 Posts
Dude just get yourself some Hella HID kit. Get the 9000K and you'll be like me.. It will put all factory xenon to shame. It will make thiers look like regular halogens.

·
frequent tire purchaser
656 Posts
Hey ziggy, can you post some pics?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts