E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the SSR Comps are really light (like 15-16 lbs), but are there any other wheels out there in that weight category that are equally strong?

·
BMW Land Barge
1,360 Posts
Superleggeras are reputedly a good deal stronger. That, plus the price advantage was what convinced me. They are 1 or 2 lbs. heavier than the comps, though.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
for the price I strongly recommend getting BBS RG-R...
or you can go with volks TE37..
For value though, BBS RK or OZ Superlegara

·
can ya spare some change?
738 Posts
BBS RGR or Volk Racing TE-37 or the Volk Racing TE-37 Forged Magnesium (lighter and stronger than SSR Competitions, but more expensive too) The Volks forged magnesiums are used in Japan's GT Cup.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
PowerDrift said:
BBS RGR or Volk Racing TE-37 or the Volk Racing TE-37 Forged Magnesium (lighter and stronger than SSR Competitions, but more expensive too) The Volks forged magnesiums are used in Japan's GT Cup.
the te37 mag costs almost twice as much as the others mentioned...besides it'd be impossible to fix magnesium wheels just in case anything happens...
stick with BBS or TE37 regular forged...and ur set :thumbup:

·
Registered
915 Posts
Excellent wheels. Also be sure to :search: archives for the previous discussions on SSR Comps.. NUMEROUS threads on the wheels . Call me for more info on them :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.