E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this morning as i was going to school i see a lexus pulling up beside me .........but my car wasn't warmed up yet so i didn't intend on racing him ..........he just took off on me .........usually when i warm up my car i try to keep it at around 2000rpm.........but i brought it up to about 3500rpm today and kept up pretty good with it..........now the questions is .......are lexus IS300 faster than my car...........i have a 330Ci step........

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha that was the answer i was waiting for haha.........i have 19inch chrome wheels , hamann kit and a sound system in the back that totally weighed me down and i was still able to keep up........the only thing i ahve taht gain power is the benfer intake

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,180 Posts
Definately a huge no there, poor things always racing cars they are slower then just cuz they look like they might be quick :tsk:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
depends on the tranny on the IS300. if it's a stick, which not many are, it may be. The IS w/ a 5-speed is MUCH quicker than the auto. (just like the 3-series w/ a stick is much quicker than w/ an auto) My good friend has a 2002 IS w/ a stick & it kills my 325 5-speed, which are supposed to be similar in performance to the 330 auto, so your 330 auto & an IS stick should be a good match up. I've beatin the IS w/ the auto in it before, it wasn't very impressive, but my friends w/ a stick pulls on mine like I have the emergency brake on.......it's really quick, it's only down 10 hp from the 330 and on a jap engine that's just a HQ intake away. I love the IS300, & for the money it's a much better car I feel than my 325....

·
P.I.M.P.
2,369 Posts
Re: ...

Roshan said:
in stock form no...

with about 6k in mods youll get your as$ kicked.
for 6k in mods bmw's can get a supercharger or a technik stage 4....
If you're thinking they're going to get turbo for 6k, it costs A lot more then that....it IS different from the supra engine...although it is based on it....i have seen engine swaps of the supra engine and tranny into is 300's....

·
XXXX
563 Posts
PFS - StageI ~6G's
PHR - StageI - ~7G's
SRT - StageII - ~6G's
TBKO - StageI - ~6.5G's
Toyomoto - Stage1.5 - ~10G's

There's a breakdown for you. You can spend 10k on a 330 and still get smoked by a blown IS.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lexus' web page lists a manual IS300 as 0-60 at 6.8 an auto at 7.2. With BMW's claim of 6.5 for the 330Ci manual, and magazine reports put it around 6 even, the Lexus doesn't stand a chance. Besides, when was the last time you saw a manual Lexus???

·
Registered
695 Posts
those toyotas are e z to beat

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.