Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what i meant was, is the keyhole covers the same for all series?
i am trying to order one from bimmian.com, they have it backordered for 1999 3 series but available for 2002 3 series.

titanium silver color

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply dood.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i read many post about the company, i figure ill try it since it is something small, plus i hate going to my dealer and ask for it and have it painted silver.

if i dont hear anything on the next billing cycle from my CC, ill call them up and ask them to refund me.

·
devGOD
2,532 Posts
they are not all the same, my bmw dealer ordered the wrong long for me didn't fit my 2000 323i. they replaced it for free though since i already had it painted and it was there error. just ask your dealer to order the euro passenger side door cover for your model. Since there passenger side is on the left in Europe it'll fit perfect on your US driver side

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yeah, devGOD is right there are some differences from the early models versus the newer ones. I ordered mine from bimmian and the quality was excellent, others experiences seem to vary though.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
darnit. so a 2002 E46 Sedan keyhole cover which i ordered will NOT fit on my 1999 E46 Sedan then?

I emailed bimmian to change the order, but i heard their customer service is notorious.

·
Registered
318 Posts
bimmian

I got the keyhole cover from bimmian.com and it arrived to me in the UK within a week!

I hear good and bad stories about them all the time, so far so good with me... fingers.x for you..

·
JDM - Style
4,163 Posts
If the question is are the keyholes for prefacelift and facelifted sedans the same, then yes they are. BUT coupes are not the same as sedans.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was doing some test fitting today on my pre 9/00 323i. I have the blank keyhole cover (intended for the left rear door) p/n 51 21 8 216 119, which is the unpainted version. I believe the primed version is p/n 51 21 8 241 401. This one works on my car (either f or r door) just fine. Just for fun I tried it on a '03 2dr - didn't work. I believe the 2dr uses p/n 51 21 7 002 277.

darkmanlfe - if it doesn't work I might consider buying it off you. LMK when you get it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
devGOD said:
they are not all the same, my bmw dealer ordered the wrong long for me didn't fit my 2000 323i. they replaced it for free though since i already had it painted and it was there error. just ask your dealer to order the euro passenger side door cover for your model. Since there passenger side is on the left in Europe it'll fit perfect on your US driver side
Just to be clear, you want to order the passenger side cover for the UK models (which are RHD)...European cars on the continent are LHD, same as our cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts