E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WENT TO AN AUTOBODY SHOP AND THE OWNER TOLD ME THAT THE CLEAR CORNERS THAT COME ON BMW'S WITH THE SPORTS PACKAGE HAVE A DINGY YELLOW COATING. HE EXPLAINED THAT THIS IS THE REASON WHY THE CORNER LIGHTS ALWAYS APPEAR DULL NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF HYPER WHITE BULB YOU GET. I JUST RECENTLY PUT SOME HYPER WHITES IN BUT THEY LOOK GREEN WHEN THEY'RE ON...WHEN THE TURN SIGNAL IS ON AND IT'S FLASHING, IT'S BRIGHT BUT WHEN IT'S JUST ON, IT STILL DOESN'T MATCH MY HID HEADLIGHTS...ANYBODY KNOW WHERE TO GET CLEAR CORNERS FOR A 2002 3 SERIES THAT DOESN'T HAVE THIS YELLOWY COATING INSIDE THE CORNERS??

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
if you have the OEM 02 clears, there isn't a yellow coating on the lenses. i dont think the body shop knew what he's talking about. the reason that your "hyper white" bulbs look dull when they're just on is because their running at a low wattage, 5 watts or so. they flash at 21 watts that whey they look whiter and brighter. no matter what bulb you have, it'll always look dull when their just on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i put hyperwhites in the rears also but they flash much brighter and whiter than the same hyperwhites in the front corners..there has to be a coating in the front clears because when the front corners flash, they look dull compared to the back

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
i dont know, mines flahes really really bright in the front. the rear, i have red bulbs so they flash pretty dim. what bulbs do you have? i got PIAA 1156 extreme whites.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts