E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
{I cross posted this at bimmerfest, but this site seems to get more foot traffic}

Does anyone have recommendations? I am feeling upset at the charges that BMW centers are asking for activation of the alarm...

I self-installed the OEM Alarm and I have a 2004 ZHP 330i. I have called two centers
for **ACTIVATION** of the alarm. This is my tale.

I live in Lost Angeles, California and I have called two service departments in my area:
1.) New Century BWM in Alhambra and 2.) Nick Alexander in Los Angeles.

New Century quoted me $108.00 for activation of my alarm. I told them that I wanted to have the alarm activated and the SA inquired if I self-installed the alarm :hmm: :dunno: .

Nick Alexander asked for $102.00 and their SA also asked the same question "Did you self-install the alarm?" and I did not directly answer the question and that's when he quoted $102.00 because he said it "takes one hour" to activate the alarm :lmao: . I actually wanted to laugh and question him on that statement but frankly I was too shocked and angry that he could casually throw that statement around!!! I mean, come on, because of bimmerfest I've been able to read and learn that the activation process takes no more than half-hour (if that).

Do any fellow 'fester have any suggestions??? I will re-attempt to contact Pacific BWM as they have yet to return my telephone call . Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

If applicable, how much did you pay? Where (in the Southern California region)?

I love my 330i but BMWNA has some very 'interesting' dealerships! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Eduardo1971 said:
{I cross posted this at bimmerfest, but this site seems to get more foot traffic}

Does anyone have recommendations? I am feeling upset at the charges that BMW centers are asking for activation of the alarm...

I self-installed the OEM Alarm and I have a 2004 ZHP 330i. I have called two centers
for **ACTIVATION** of the alarm. This is my tale.

I live in Lost Angeles, California and I have called two service departments in my area:
1.) New Century BWM in Alhambra and 2.) Nick Alexander in Los Angeles.

New Century quoted me $108.00 for activation of my alarm. I told them that I wanted to have the alarm activated and the SA inquired if I self-installed the alarm :hmm: :dunno: .

Nick Alexander asked for $102.00 and their SA also asked the same question "Did you self-install the alarm?" and I did not directly answer the question and that's when he quoted $102.00 because he said it "takes one hour" to activate the alarm :lmao: . I actually wanted to laugh and question him on that statement but frankly I was too shocked and angry that he could casually throw that statement around!!! I mean, come on, because of bimmerfest I've been able to read and learn that the activation process takes no more than half-hour (if that).

Do any fellow 'fester have any suggestions??? I will re-attempt to contact Pacific BWM as they have yet to return my telephone call . Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

If applicable, how much did you pay? Where (in the Southern California region)?

I love my 330i but BMWNA has some very 'interesting' dealerships! :rolleyes:

vc

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
41,923 Posts
dealership = stealership!

It took an hour to program my lcm with the new software to make my 04 tails work and I payed $110 :(

·
Registered
634 Posts
usually...I've had a bad experience.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've had a bad experience at every BMW dealer except for Pacific BMW in Glendale. Although servicing your car takes a while, their service advisors are very friendly and helpful.

·
Go Lakers!!!
2,480 Posts
MyBimmer said:
I've had a bad experience at every BMW dealer except for Pacific BMW in Glendale. Although servicing your car takes a while, their service advisors are very friendly and helpful.
:werd: I have always had a good experience at Pacific. Derek is my service advisor and he is the bomb!!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
most BMW dealers just round up for EVERYTHING and say it takes an hour. My belt fell off ..and I took out the fan and bolts and it was ready to be fixed .. i just wasnt sure how .. had it towed to the place WATCHED them take 5 minutes LITERALLY to put the belt on and re-attach the fan and rivits .. and the guy came up and slapped me with a 100 dollor "labor" charge ...

I know I know .. shop around for indies .. but i was young and stupid ... BUT at least BMW tows it for free..... :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MyBimmer said:
I called today and "Daniel" at Pacific BMW quoted me $53.00 for the activation-this is for half-hour work. He did warn me that since this is a self-install they would not be responsible for any damage.

Yeah, Pacific BMW seems cool... :thumbup: , though I agree it takes hella long to set up an appointment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.