E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying this... I am in love with the 19" SSR GT3's.

I get my new M3 in may and now I am having second thoughts on wheel size.

I have a few questions:
1. I am prettty sure that you can get the 19" SSRs and lower it (M3) and still have no rubbing. is this true?

2. Can you lower a M3 with 20's and have it not rub?

3. Am I crazy for wanting 20" wheels? Will they dent that easily?

4. If I was to go with the 20's then i can't get the Gt3's... any input on the hottest 20" wheel out there?

Thanks in advance for any input...

Rick

·
Bavarian Motor Slave
1,514 Posts
depends what you're into.

performance vs. looks. There is no rational reason for 20 in rims if you are concerned with performance.

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,580 Posts
20s will fit on a M3. There are several members here with 20s on their M3s. Do a search.

·
Banned
668 Posts
rickrick17 said:
Let me start by saying this... I am in love with the 19" SSR GT3's.

I get my new M3 in may and now I am having second thoughts on wheel size.

I have a few questions:
1. I am prettty sure that you can get the 19" SSRs and lower it (M3) and still have no rubbing. is this true?

4. If I was to go with the 20's then i can't get the Gt3's... any input on the hottest 20" wheel out there?

Thanks in advance for any input...

Rick
Funny I was thinking about posting this same question. I also have my eye on the 19 gt3. Then I saw a bunch of great pics of 20's on the m3. GT3's are fairly common so im swinging towards the 20's, but then again, the cheaper price of the gt3's is hard to ignore.

·
Wohnhafter perverser Mensch
3,325 Posts
It's obvious your care about performance since you got an M3. 20"s will make your car so slow. A friend of mine has 20"s on his 528. It is so slow. The car has no pickup now and can't pass anything on the freeway.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,959 Posts
i agree with very body

if you have a m3 you are into going fast you are pushing it with 19".
if you are for show go with 19".

you need very good roads and can't get on your car with 20".
in new york anyway. its up to you but don't even think about hiting a pothole doing 25 mph, with 20" wheels believe me .
bobm3 :) :)

·
Registered
667 Posts

- true...

true... crummie and a couple of other people have dubs and are lowered... there is a thread somewhere about indonesian cars where there is a non M coupe with 20's that is lowered with tuck.

-depends on your roads. getting 20's is def not normal, but its hella cool. keep the OEM's for when you want to go fast, and use the dubs for when you want to be bling bling

-Crummie is selling his wheels. 20's available are dronell, breyton, HRE, Introforge, SPP (i think). there are more but that is all I can think of.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If 20's will slow an M3 down considerably, wouldnt 19's do the same for the non M???

:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts