BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say that this is still being planned and is nowhere near complete. However, I've very excited to announce that on SATURDAY APRIL 30, 2005
Johns Hopkins University will be hosting a car show to feature cars ranging from categories such as Europeans to Exotics to American Muscle. I am organizing this along with a friend and will be using every connection I've obtained throughout my 4 years at Hopkins to make this happen and make it great. With all that said, I am looking to gague interest.

First, to run down the preliminary timings of the show. The setup would be very similar to a typical car show. There will be a roll-in time between 8-10AM, the show will officially begin at 11AM, and there will be raffles for all entered cars at around 12PM. Then after giving a short time to get lunch, trophies will be given out in categories to be determined at around 2PM. The show will then end at approximately 3PM.

Also, if you aren't already familar with the Spring Fair festival Hopkins throws every year, this car show will directly coincide with the festivities. There are craft vendors, tons of carnival food (and good food too), carnival rides, tons of interesting things to buy, and then a major concert (last year was Guster) later in the evening. Oh, and a Beer Garden open all day! Even without a car show, its an awesome time to say the least.

Anyway, back to the show, I want to gague interest now and see who in the region, or not in the region, would possibly be interested in attending. The registration fee will somewhere around $15 for pre-registration and $30 to register the day of. Pre-registering will get you some free things too. This will likely be a food ticket that will get you something at ANY of the food vendors and also will include admission for one more person. Also, keep in mind, that this will be your parking spot for the day which elsewhere is quite expensive! I'm also working on getting a discount for people who want to catch the concert to take place later that evening. But thats something I'll have to work on down the line.

So please, start responding to this and indicating your interest. Also, if you know vendors or local garages who would like to have a presence, please post about it! I would like to have a good amount of vendors present to sell whatever parts they may want to sell. When talking to vendors about this, be sure to mention that thousands of people come to Spring Fair alone... thats a nice bit of product advertising.

The show is open to ALL BMWs, Audi's, Porsche's, VW's, Mini's, Merc's, Exotics, American Muscle Cars, Lowriders, and SELECT Japanese imports. So tell your friends!!!

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
:thumbup: to some great advance warning and planning :D

I will roll, but pointless for me to show. I will lend some good BMW moral support :thumbup:

·
Registered
615 Posts
nice nice something announced in advance :)

tooo far in advnace for me to kno wats up but ill try to come (i havnt been to annnnny meets :( )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts