BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

so this is my ride (not perfect, was rebuilt), a 2003 330i m edition (is the m edition the same as ZHP?)

SO heres my current debate, black out tail lights / sidemarkers, or go with clear/red leds? I want to know, what do u think looks better? I prefer the clear and red but blacking outs cheaper plus something about the black outs always off to me unless its on a black or white car, though i may just be overly critical.... not the first time.

2nd question, whats the best color on the rims? I would like to repair the curb rash and do a dark "shadow chrome" color.. almost as dark as it gets with some serious clear coat... or maybe gloss black, though itd b a nice touch to have shadow chrome accents like on the bmw emblems would be nice..

Vote for your favorite colors on this car!

Bonus question; do u think this car was a good deal / would u have bought it? for $6500 i bought a 2003 330i m edition with 85k and has a rebuilt title bc it was in a little accident, id say at about 25 mph on the front right end.... enough to push in the windshield washer fluid resevoir about an inch, so it pushed the front right end in an inch, but i bought it half fixed, meaning it has a non m front end without the foglights.
The cars frames good and tracks straight.
Also the airbags were deployed and need to be replaced (the airbag took the leather or suede off the steering wheel, so maybe that needs replacement too :$ )
Aside from that the cars in pretty good condition, id say 4 out of 5 stars all the way around, a few small scratches, just typical stuff.
Plus the car has some cool features, like 6 speed manual, black cubets ac schnitzer trim, and pretty much all the options, heated seats yadi yada.

If this was your car, what would u do to it?

Im interested on all the fanatix input, cant wait!

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
If you bought your car in the states, there is no such thing as the M edition unlike Europe and Canada. There is a sports package and a code (zhp) performance package which based on your pictures seems like you have (gloss shadow trim, M-Tech II rear bumper, black cube trim (that is factory and not AC Schnitzer))

It looks like after the accident, they replaced the bumper with a M-Tech I instead of the original M-Tech II. I would go with red clear red with clear side markers and clear fronts.

In any event, I would not purchase a rebuilt car but that is just me. Resale is a pain and the car will never be the same. Aside from that, it looks like you have a few more details to sort out such as air bags which are a little costly.

If you're looking for some good fun, look no further you've found it. Happy modding and congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you said interests me, i bought my car in the U.S. (washington) and on the title it says m edition, and i dont think the cars from canada or anything bc the tach and speedometer are in american units (cant remember if thats metric or imperial, both sound wrong)
And the black cube trim has an ac schnitzer emblem on it.
To be frank, theres no way that i currently know these were with the car out of the factory, though im probly going to check soon, thanx for the input

1 - 3 of 3 Posts