BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster here and love the forum, I have an 03 325i and want to get it up to scratch:

1: It has "radio nav" (the one with a text only display) is it merely replacing the screen and relocating the climate control to update or is there anything else?
2: I have M Sport seats and I know a chap who will p/x them for electric ones. Is this something that is plug and play or do I need additional wiring to the seat?
3: My older (02) 330d had light and windscreen wiper sensors - any help on how to apply this very useful feature?

I know this is an awful lot of no doubt stupid sounding questions for a first time poster, but I've searched the posts and nothing quite answers them..

Thank you . . . . .

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
1) No, you will need the wiring harness, the BM24/54 boot mounted tuner and a copy of Navcoder to flip the Nav computer to colour mode.
2) Look under the seat at the large rectangular plug connecting the seat to the car harness. If you have a Brown and reddish wire of large thickness on the left, the power for the seats is there and they are plug and play. You should also see the airbag connector on the right and an empty socket or two for the seat heat and lumbar/motrised bolster in the middle.
3) You will need the sensors bonded onto the windscreen behind the rear view mirror. It's a large pear shaped blob fixed to the glass.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Arty, thanks for the help.

As far as the seats and auto wipers go, thanks for the info - not sure if I'll do it, but nonethelss I'll take a look.

What I am worried about though is the Nav retrofit. When you say the wiring harness, do you mean I'll need the full loom which goes from front to back? I was told the job was pretty simple, as it had the radio Nav, but can I assume this is no easier than a full retrofit??

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I have a nav radioand am converting to colour, and the wiring loom does not contain the RGB wiring. You could add 6 RGB lines yourself, but then you still need yet more wires to relocate the power and speakers to the boot area for the tuner. Just so you know, I have a all the heat guns and professional soldering irons needed to make a loom, and I will be buying a retrofit harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts