BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a set of 17x8.5 Arc 8s for my 2002 330ci and I'm questioning the fitment. I had it up in the air and test fit them with 255s on and it looked like they won't fit. I want to put 245s on them but I'm worried they are gonna rub like crazy. My car is lowered on BC coilovers. Any insights? Camber? Spacers?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
Registered
288 Posts
A popular wide square fitment seems to be 17x9 ET30 with 245/40r17 all around. That definitely fits.
I've been running this setup for almost 2 years. 17x9 ET30 square is aggressive and you need rolled fenders and a minimum of -2.0 camber to get them to fit under the fenders properly.

I would suggest playing with camber and rolling the fenders.

8.5's and 255's would fit depending on how low you are, camber and rolled fenders.

I'll likely go to a 255/40 square with my x9's next go around in tires. I'll need to do another roll in the rear to fit though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've been running this setup for almost 2 years. 17x9 ET30 square is aggressive and you need rolled fenders and a minimum of -2.0 camber to get them to fit under the fenders properly.

I would suggest playing with camber and rolling the fenders.

8.5's and 255's would fit depending on how low you are, camber and rolled fenders.

I'll likely go to a 255/40 square with my x9's next go around in tires. I'll need to do another roll in the rear to fit though.
I just noticed that this is you:

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/s...9-quot-Concave-ARC-8-E46-330i-Content-It-fits

I'm assuming what you claimed in that thread still holds? Just a bit of a roll in the rear? I'm hoping that with Koni Sports + the Eibach Pro-Kit... I may not have any troubles at all with 17x9 ET30 square? Seems like they're a bit higher.

·
Registered
288 Posts
That is me, my car.

Little outdated but when I ran the firestones they run narrow so I didn't really need to do a roll. When I changed tires to the continental ExtremeContactSport they run wider. I went ahead and did a rear roll, removed fender clips and did a front roll as well with plans to eventually do a 255/40 square.

Also check out my Instagram as I keep it updated more than the build threads.

aw330i is my Instagram

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
That is me, my car.

Also check out my Instagram as I keep it updated more than the build threads.

aw330i is my Instagram

Dammit I noticed that right as I clicked post & edited my response.

Question above still holds - is what you said initially still true? Minor roll in the rear is all that's needed and -2 degrees up front? Are your fronts wearing reasonably evenly? No rolling up front...? I'm probably gonna stick to driving on Indy 500s.

Like I said I'm hoping I may be able to get away without doing anything special with Koni Sports + the EPK... A lot of threads out there but haven't happened upon one with this exact setup.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Dammit I noticed that right as I clicked post & edited my response.

Question above still holds - is what you said initially still true? Minor roll in the rear is all that's needed and -2 degrees up front? Are your fronts wearing reasonably evenly? No rolling up front...? I'm probably gonna stick to driving on Indy 500s.

Like I said I'm hoping I may be able to get away without doing anything special with Koni Sports + the EPK... A lot of threads out there but haven't happened upon one with this exact setup.
Yes still true. Once you start driving really aggressive in corners is when you need a roll up front.

My tires wore really good. No excessive edge wear due to camber or feathering. Ill need to pull up my alignment specs but I know my guy did something to the toe to make up for the additional camber. The toe is not at oe specs.

I also rotated every 5k miles.

What's the lowering spec measurements on the koni + epk ?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yes still true. Once you start driving really aggressive in corners is when you need a roll up front.

My tires wore really good. No excessive edge wear due to camber or feathering. Ill need to pull up my alignment specs but I know my guy did something to the toe to make up for the additional camber. The toe is not at oe specs.

I also rotated every 5k miles.

What's the lowering spec measurements on the koni + epk ?

Hard to say - they give an estimated range & I have a ZHP so I'm guessing the total amount will be <1". It'll probably sit a bit higher than yours, judging by pictures with guys with EPKs that haven't put stupid wheel + tire combos on their cars.

How does one go about rolling the front fenders? Seeing a lot of people saying either it can't be done, or it seriously f**ks things up.

Also, I read about what it takes on the rear. Do you know if removing any of that weather protectant has resulted in rust anywhere?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Also - in the photo in your sig - I'm guessing the front camber looks that aggressive because of the lens distortion? Probably not that crazy irl?

·
Registered
288 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts