BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 ZHP convertible. I was wondering if I would be able to run these wheels on stock zhp suspension. I had seen on the ZHP mafia forum ZHP Pizza was running 19x9.5" ET 35 with 235 width tires. Wondering if these wheels would work for me and if anyone had run these before on their ZHP. I really love the look of the concave of the profile 3. Thanks

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I think that ET 30 is cutting it close. I have a set of Style 197's on my E46 Cic with ET34 front and ET37 rear and it was pretty close to the fenders.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Gotta cut the rear fenders - I'm at 18x8.5 +32 (front - 235/40/18) and 18x9.5 +35 (rear - 255/35/18)

Front rubs after a big bump. IMG_20190921_212559.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,353 Posts
Apex has this marked as an "aggressive street fitment" w/245/40/18s, but that they say it'll fit with mods means that it'll fit, and in fact I'm waiting for mine to arrive at this moment.

According to them we'll need 2 degrees of camber and possible trimming of the bumper in the front, and fender rolling in the rear.
https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003547213-E46-Non-M-Wheel-Tire-Fitment-Guide

I'd bought a set of them in 18x9.5 ET 35 a couple of years ago but when I test fit one on the back it looked like there was no way that it was going to fit so I never got around to putting tires on them and resold them for what I had in them (luckily). I feel a lot more confident this time around,

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apex has this marked as an "aggressive street fitment" w/245/40/18s, but that they say it'll fit with mods means that it'll fit, and in fact I'm waiting for mine to arrive at this moment.

According to them we'll need 2 degrees of camber and possible trimming of the bumper in the front, and fender rolling in the rear.
https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003547213-E46-Non-M-Wheel-Tire-Fitment-Guide

I'd bought a set of them in 18x9.5 ET 35 a couple of years ago but when I test fit one on the back it looked like there was no way that it was going to fit so I never got around to putting tires on them and resold them for what I had in them (luckily). I feel a lot more confident this time around,
Do you have any suspension mods done to your car to allow for that better fitment they speak of? I might just try to get some rear style zhp wheels and run a square zhp wheel setup instead at this point.

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,353 Posts
Do you have any suspension mods done to your car to allow for that better fitment they speak of? I might just try to get some rear style zhp wheels and run a square zhp wheel setup instead at this point.
No suspension mods required beyond the camber in the front.

I'll be staying on stock sport suspension.

EDIT: I think I see what you were seeing. Suspension mods aren't required with that size, although you may need spacers to make some inner clearance if you're running some coilovers.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No suspension mods required beyond the camber in the front.

I'll be staying on stock sport suspension.

EDIT: I think I see what you were seeing. Suspension mods aren't required with that size, although you may need spacers to make some inner clearance if you're running some coilovers.
Yeah I'm on stock ZHP suspension, which I don't think is very different from the sport suspension. I thinking of running those rims or ZHP rears all around, still debating though. Not sure if fitting them would be an issue.

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,353 Posts
Yeah I'm on stock ZHP suspension, which I don't think is very different from the sport suspension. I thinking of running those rims or ZHP rears all around, still debating though. Not sure if fitting them would be an issue.
Beefier control arms are the only difference.

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,353 Posts
FTR, I got my wheels in and had the tires mounted Friday and the fit is perfect. I have hit one bump rather aggressively with my old set still in the hatch (so, a little weight back there) and had a very light rub on the left rear, so I will roll the fenders to gain some clearance, but I'll leave it on stock sport suspension and stock camber numbers.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FTR, I got my wheels in and had the tires mounted Friday and the fit is perfect. I have hit one bump rather aggressively with my old set still in the hatch (so, a little weight back there) and had a very light rub on the left rear, so I will roll the fenders to gain some clearance, but I'll leave it on stock sport suspension and stock camber numbers.
That's awesome! Any pics of them on the car? And did you end up going with 245/35/R18 tires? Also your suspension is fully stock correct?

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,353 Posts
That's awesome! Any pics of them on the car? And did you end up going with 245/35/R18 tires? Also your suspension is fully stock correct?
Yes and yes.
I haven't taken any pics yet because a) the weather has been crappy all weekend, and b) my car is all kinds of taken apart for a respray and looks like something out of Mad Max.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes and yes.
I haven't taken any pics yet because a) the weather has been crappy all weekend, and b) my car is all kinds of taken apart for a respray and looks like something out of Mad Max.
Hahaha no worries! I'll be looking forward to see those pics! And what finish did you go for on the wheels?

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,353 Posts
Hahaha no worries! I'll be looking forward to see those pics! And what finish did you go for on the wheels?
Hyper Black.

My car is mystic blue and will have the gloss shadowline trim so the wheels being bright silver would have looked out of place, but also not into the murdered out black look either.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hyper Black.

My car is mystic blue and will have the gloss shadowline trim so the wheels being bright silver would have looked out of place, but also not into the murdered out black look either.
Yeah, I bet that looks sweet! I'm excited to see. Also what you imagine the difference in the 18x9.5 ET35 and the 18x9 ET30. I'm wanting to fit a 245 tire on them, but the look I'm going for is the nice concave look. I imagine those should look similar to the 18x9.5 ET35? I know ET35 is not as aggressive of an offset, but the added width should make up for that. And I don't think I'll have any issues running 18x9 ET30 with 245 tires all around I would imagine.

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,353 Posts
If my calculations are correct I gained ~5mm clearance at the wheel arch with the half inch narrower wheel, and I don't know if Apex changed something or what, but I had originally gotten the 9.5s because that was the narrowest that I could go and still get the deep dish face, but now the 9" has it too.
I honestly don't think that the 9.5s would have fit without substantial work, glad that I've gone this route and I still get the deep face.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If my calculations are correct I gained ~5mm clearance at the wheel arch with the half inch narrower wheel, and I don't know if Apex changed something or what, but I had originally gotten the 9.5s because that was the narrowest that I could go and still get the deep dish face, but now the 9" has it too.
I honestly don't think that the 9.5s would have fit without substantial work, glad that I've gone this route and I still get the deep face.
Those wheels look superrrrr nice on that for sure. I love it, and what color are you getting the car resprayed?

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,353 Posts
Those wheels look superrrrr nice on that for sure. I love it, and what color are you getting the car resprayed?
Same color, mystic blue metallic. I had a minor fender bender that necessitated a new front bumper and decided to go with the M Tech II one, and that led to the matching rear bumper since the dealer had it available again after having been out for over a year, and then I found a good set of side skirts.

I missed our three days of Autumn here in the South, now need it to warm back up since I don't have any heat in my garage and it needs to be over 60 to spray.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts