E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post on this forum :D ! Anyways I just bought my first car, the 2000 BMW 323i. I honestly love the car, It runs and handles like a beauty. I'm looking to invest some money into the car. I'm not gonna go out and buy an M3, I'm just looking for ether a better appearance(interior or exterior) and a little more power. Anything would be much appreciated. So far everything is stock apart from the air intake, which I have replaced with a cold air intake with a filter!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
'02 330i 5-Speed
6,035 Posts
Welcome to E46F!

Mod-wise, here's what I'd do:

- Ditch the black wheels for a nice set of OEM silvers. Many good choices out there.
- Subframe mount repair.
- Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
- Ditch the black wheels for a nice set of OEM silvers.

Poster Photo caption Photography T-shirt Football player

With your black whee hate lol

Everything else spanner said is spot on.

Start by reviewing the cooling system. If you don't know anything about it replace it all. Look up mango and click on his sig.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Prepare your anti flame suit becuase everyone will tell you that:

A - You need to address the maintenance of the car before even thinking of any mod. And they are right, I invite you to read this blog:
http://e46cooling.blogspot.com/2014/10/think-youre-pimp-think-again-appeal-of.html

And this thread:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1007722

B - There's really not much that can be done to a 323 to increase its real power that doesn't involve diff/ engine swapping, pls read this:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=642135

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
:p

It's a fad whose 15 minutes are up. They look like steelies with missing hubcaps. There's no quicker way to ruin the look of a nice E46 than by spraying/wrapping/plastidipping the wheels black.

My $0.02. :dunno:

Well I'll give you that, the right wheels do look nice though.

Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Spoke Tire

·
Registered
208 Posts
Come on leave the guys wheels alone. It seams everyone has them black now a day's Just get the tires balanced and follow us back with any repair questions that you may have.
Welcome to E46 Fanatics

·
:D
7,274 Posts
the dark signals look tired. the black wheels look tired.
the black trim and grills look pretty decent but i like the chrome. tint look s al little dark. otherwise the car looks pretty good IMO. an mtech bumper would look good but is expensive

·
Ironman
01 330iT 6MT, 98 M Roadster
5,122 Posts
Welcome to E46F.

Chasing power in a 323i is a fool's errand. It can be done, but it takes M3 money.

Maintenance
Handling
Appearance

Those are your best bet. I'm not one to throw a wet blanket on anyone, but smart money does this. Take care of it and make it respectable and you'll be respected.

·
:D
7,274 Posts
I agree. The 323/325 is a weak platform for power gains. The 328/330 is a much better platform. Much stronger base engine

·
Registered
222 Posts
Coming from mainly N/A 4 bangers, I think my 323i is pretty quick, I'm happy with the performance, but then again I'm not racing anyone.

I would overhaul the entire cooling system, costs a couple hundred but it's worth it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.