BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you able to run 19x8.5 in front and 19x9.5 in back without a lip roll?

How about 18x8.5 in front and 18x9.5 back without a lip roll.

I have heard from people that this can be done but none of it is first hand info. I would really like to hear from someone who owns this setup. I want the GT-3's but do not want to roll my lips because I can not find anyone in my area who has done it and done it well.
Everyone I have asked has told me nightmare stories.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Chopstik has this set-up for the 19's, you might want to private message him and ask him if he needed a fender roll.

It looks like he is selling them, here is a link

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111685

EDIT: I didn't realize you asked about 18's also, Ack has this set-up on his 330Ci, you might want to contact him as well.
I know he's running a 18 x 9.5 rear GT3 with 255/35/18's and I am almost postive he isn't rubbing but also his car is has the stock suspension, . If you lowered the car I don't know if this causes a problem or not.

Good luck !!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks AF330i. I just PM'ed chopstick maybe I will buy his. I am not going to change the stock sport suspension anytime soon so I guess I would be gold with the 18's. I would really rather have the 19's though.

Another question. Would my ride have the 4x4 look with 19's on a stock sport suspension?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got Dronell 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 wearing 235/35, and 265/30 on the stock sport suspension, no rolling required. Think it depends on your offset, and I have no idea what mine are.... got them used. Looks pretty good IMO, a little high in the front.... but I don't think I'm going to get a drop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts