E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does anyone here have an OBDII reader and lets an iphone app or whatever software on a laptop that displays real time data.
basically, my car doesnt seem to show correct throttle data, actually it doesnt show it at all most of the time.. the software that i use, mostly shows values like 130% or stays stuck at e.g 26% even when when im not pressing on the pedal.
Where as my odbII adapter connected to my 2006 civic, shows perfect throttle position/use data.
Im wondering if the M3 has something special with its throttle, i've tested with sport button on an off.
Yesterday i cleaned the TPS in the engine bay but that hasnt helped.I dont think that my tps is bad as the car drives fine.

I'm looking for anyone to test this for me please?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also pm'ed this:

Thanks for your reply on e46 fanatics.

Does your torque app show the list of supported pids for obd?
I'm asking because I don't know if it's my app or the obd adapter. For my car, 2003 m3, it only seems to support "absolute throttle position" pid for throttle related values.

Does your adapter / obd give you real time throttle %value as you press on it?
Could you tell me the throttle related pids for your adapter ?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Check in your regional area for people that can program (INPA). They can view realtime throttle position information as well as other sensors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.