E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I know all about that...
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to adjust the rear shocks? I could never find a place to adjust them? Do they even adjust? I swear I got adjustables but yet they just don't have a place for it. :dunno:

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
7,683 Posts
I think you have to push the shock rod all the way in and then turn. Didn't they come with directions?

Tim

·
I know all about that...
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tim330i said:
I think you have to push the shock rod all the way in and then turn. Didn't they come with directions?

Tim

Yea it came with tons of fliers and stuff most of them didn't have any text on them and if it did most of it wasn't in english from what I remember but I will check on that. Thanks for the tip Tim. Can anyone confirm this before I yank out my rear shocks.

·
Registered
353 Posts
My KW's have Koni adjustables in the rear. You have to pull the rear shock out like Tim says and take off the RSM and shock rod cover and bottoming dampner (foam looking thing).

Push the shock rod all the way down twist left or right slightly until you feel it engage the screw valve inside the shock body and then twist. A 6mm (or so) hex wrench should fit into the top of the shock rod to make the twisting easier. There should also be "+" & "-" markings on the bottom of the shock body which indicates which way to turn the shock rod / valve to either increase or decrease the dampening.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
301 Posts
LOL I've asked the same question before ...
as Tim and banker said ...
just push in all the way and twist with the white circle knob to increase (+) / decrease (-) dampening :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts