E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems as though the OEM bushings I put in 25,000 miles ago are already shot. Or at least the passenger side is. Anyone here with an XI use these?

http://www.bimmerzone.com/BMW_Performance_Suspension_Powerflex_E46/PWF-PFF5-4601-XI.html

They seem to be the only option for a non OEM CAB on the xi cars. Wondering if I should try them or use OEM again. I guess if I try them and don't like them I can just switch. Changing them takes less than an hour, which is nice.

What would really be nice is if someone made an aftermarket control arm / ball joints too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Seems unusual as XI CAB's are more robust and typically last far longer than non-XI. Recommend you post this on the dedicated XI sub-forum where many XI eyes will spot it. Lots of XI fans seem to live there.

I wrote "XI eyes" which reads XI...I's. Ha!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have Powerflex FCABs on my 325xi with aftermarket shocks/struts. It's been nearly 15,000 since installation and I haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What makes you think your OE bushings are shot?
the usual. Steering wander, thunking sound over bumps, vibration in the steering wheel, etc. Could be other things, obviously. I'll have to replace the CAB's again eventually anyway regardless.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I used PowerFlex CAB for XI, nearly one year, still good.
Some Xi's had problem, the pink-inner part pushes out after a while, but me not, I guess because they installed some how did not correctly or fitted.
The most hard part for DIY is remove the old bushing out of it body, if you have not the press or shop to do those.
I used the hack saw to cut the metal tube from inside after took out the inner metal tube, I remember I posted before.
I will replace PowerFlex CAB for other 323i next month when weather warm up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts