BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
the only one they really seem to cover are the door sills... definitely get that one fixed though... u might not be able to open ur door in the future

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, both door sills will sag and they fix that free. My driver side door would not open when it rained...hasnt done it in a while though... I should have them fix that for free anyway

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would think they'd cover them all, especially if you're still under warranty. Mine's up in March of next year, so I've got to take it in soon to get a few more things done before it expires.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,962 Posts
the dealership will send you a notice

for a call back that tells you about a problem with your car. you make a appointment to bring your car in and tell them about the notice you got and they fix it for you for no charge.
if you know of different call backs on your model you can mention it to the servive people if they want sometimes they will fix the other call back item sometimes if they have the part or the time to do it for you. sometimes and i mean sometimes. lollll
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
What door sills? Are you talking about the door trim around the windows?
I have a 2000 323CI,mine has been hanging for months. Would they cover this? I dont see it on the recall.

How about the rear side pillar? Seems like the carpet is peeling off. Is this covered too?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
actually, i was talking about the part where u pull to open your door from the outside... on the 323 and 328 models, they are known to be defective and not wanna open...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 2000 328Ci -- even though your original post didn't adress the door sills, others did so I will, too...
I had both inside felt door liners replaced under warranty -- the dealer admitted lots of problems with the original versions of these but (so he claims) the replacements are 100% better.

Regarding an actual recall, my dealer repaced an O2 sensor (I think?) without me even mentioning it and I believe that as long as it's an actual recall you can get it fixed for free -- no matter how many months/miles you've put on your car...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts