E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like my sport seats down all the way in the back, and all the way up in the front so they are tilted. I sit low and like my wheel low in my lap. I with the wheel tilted down another inch or so.......what do u think?

Also it seems like the gas pedal sticks out too far. If I adjust my seat so my right leg is comfy on the gas, my left leg can't reach to push the clutch all the way in.....grrrrrrr

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Yep, one more inch would be perfect.....

·
Town Clown
15,001 Posts
Definitely would like it to be able to tilt down *and* telescope more.

Maybe someone can create a "drop" mod for the steering column?

·
I holla
1,665 Posts
i have the steering wheel all the way down and its comfortable, but i can't see the top of my gauges. anyone else have a problem with this?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yeah, I wish it telescoped out a little more as well. I'm 6'5" so I have to have my seat all the way down and back in order to just fit in the car (which I do pretty comfortably by the way). I have the wheel pulled out all the way and down just to the top of my gauges so that I can still read them OK so it's not even close to as far down as it could go.

Bill97Z, if your leg isn't able to reach to push the clutch in all the way, you gotta move your seat forward. I don't feel that the gas pedal sticks too far out and my right leg is probably way more bent than yours is while driving. Automakers do a considerable amount of research in driving ergonomics with some very cool computer ergo and simulation programs and try to make the adjustability suitable for a vast majority of the population and average driving positions. Not everyone will be happy (especially those of us that are not an average height or have odd driving positions), but compared to many, many other cars that I have driven, I think BMW is the best as far as driver comfort is concerned.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hear ya. I just prefer to have my leg resting on the sport seat extensions, and if I move the seat up to reach the clutch, my right leg is bent too much because the gas pedal sits high....this causes a bit of uncomfort do to lack of support.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts