1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally:
  • Oil/filter and fuel filter replacement
  • New tensioner pulley / belts
  • New WP pulley. The one I have is missing some pieces around (probably some monkey dropped it)
  • Rear bumper gap fix
  • Airbox mounting parts
  • Air filter cover twist/lock thing.

Liquid Bottle Automotive tire Bottle cap Drinkware

·
Registered
159 Posts
Day or so? I bought an e46 whilst on a summer holiday! Just got home and having fun fixing it up. Started on the interior yesterday and I think I'm making some good progress. Need to change the automatic shifter boot as it's so dried up, it's moving the whole console trim every time I shift it back into park.

·
Registered
77 Posts
May I ask how much the oil cost you please ?
I Bought 20 litres for £83 a few months ago ( in bulk and the same brand etc) but it is now £91 for the same stuff.

I have just bought some more, keep me happy for a few years .lol
Mart.

·
Premium Member
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
May I ask how much the oil cost you please ?
I Bought 20 litres for £83 a few months ago ( in bulk and the same brand etc) but it is now £91 for the same stuff.

I have just bought some more, keep me happy for a few years .lol
Mart.
£120 for 10L of Shell 5W40

·
Premium Member
2001 330Ci Sport, 5 spd
361 Posts
Pound out the dent under the rear tail light and replace the cracked tail light from track day

Cut out and replace the battery box/tray that rusted out from years of disconnected vent line

3 revisions of a racing seat mount to fit an XLT seat on the passenger side

Test fit 4 point roll bar

Lose sleep over finishing in time for the next HPDE

·
Premium Member
4,665 Posts
Nope. E39 touring and a beat up Selmer Bari are eating my free time.
(Did you know that half of an E39's rad hoses are clipped to the fan shroud?
Me neither!)

Well, that and a 12 year old playing Eve...

heh

t
went biking with the dog today.

·
Registered
2006 BMW 330ci black
5 Posts
Personally for my wife and I
  • Power steering upgraded from the bottom plumbed pump because the shaft sheared off the impeller. Now has side mounted pump
  • Purge valve replacement
  • Thermal oil sensor replacement
  • Window shopping Dinan products

·
Read Only
271 Posts
Whole front suspension, including steering rack with tie rods and even reservoir. On top of that control arms and also sway bars. All of this got screwed because I couldn't remove the stupid bolt holding the top of control arms bracket. Had to order 1,4K ft pounds torque Milwaukee in order to remove this stupid bolt. Come Saturday and I'm gonna smoke this MF.

Another bolt which I had luck to remove had so many shades of rust on it – I'm convinced it's LGBT-friendly – literally blue, green, yellow and red. F my life.

·
Registered
2001 325i Touring. 2007 E91. 1990 Chevy C2500 RCLB.
692 Posts
@ OP. Nice work! Summertime is wrenching time.

I took a whole summer last year. Lots of beers, visitors, bloody knuckles, an empty wallet later and I’ve got a manual touring out of it ;)

·
Registered
‘89, ‘03 and ‘98 E39
460 Posts
Our big projects come in the fall/winter/spring when it’s not so hot and humid.

1. Shocks/struts/oil pan gasket on my son’s e90.
2. Timing belt on the wife’s 2000 RAV4 (water pump too)
3. My e30 is acting like the ignition coil is weak, or it’s something else that isn’t easy to figure out.
4. E46 is all good, might sell it.
5. The ‘99 e39 needs a new hood, already ordered, and interior work. It’s got a lot of potential, black/black sport package/manual.
6. I have all the parts to make my ‘89 e30 a 2.7i and really should yank the engine and rebuild it, get a chip.

Yes, those e39 fan shrouds have lots of hoses hanging off of them. In the winter, hit the latent heat button just to do it. It’s pretty cool, err, hot, nifty.

My ‘98 e39 528 remains the daily and it’s fantastic. MT car, rides like a Buick. Pristine but headliner is starting to show, something for next year.

Clown shoe up for sale in FL right now, hate that they are so expensive. $25k.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts