BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey..checking teh bmw net is for $55..quite expensive...

was wondering if anyone found any retrofit or cheaper substitutes

also all I need is something that can hold my groceries.
more like a prcel bag..but big enough attach to the end of the car--the one toward the rear end of the trunk..

alrite just wondering if anyone have anythig they did that they can share

thanks in advance

·
The De46vil's Army
16,347 Posts
i have the small cargo net, parents bought it for me so i have no idea on price, looks good, i'll take a picture, but not big enough for groceries.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My wife bought me the cargo net for my birthday awhile back... It is pricey, but works well... It attaches nicely to the stock (built-in) mounting locations with quick release clips (more like hooks) toward the back (opening end) of your trunk, so that you can toss your stuff in and then capture it with the netting. The clips at the front (closest to the back seat) are actual closed clips, so that the net does not come loose when its not in use... It's very stretchy and strong, can slip over cases of beer, boxes of diapers, that sort of thing (bulk purchasing at Costco, you know...) I use mine everyday to hold my briefcase and laptop in place so they don't go flying around the trunk during "manuevers".... Works well (even on thin items like those) and hasn't shown any sign of getting stretched out, frayed, etc. Is it worth the money? Probably not (and you might be able to find similar netting at Pep Boys, or whatever) but the first time something rolls around and breaks in your trunk, you'll probably wish you had bought it... It does what it is designed to do quite well... you have to decide if $55 is worth it. I'm happy I have it! BTW, it works great for groceries, along as they don't mind getting squished a little... just place the bags in the trunk, pull the net over them, latch it in place, and they ain't moving...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts