E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering doing a tint job on one of my cars myself using Sunguard film. It seems quite simple, anyone have experience with it? The film is inexpensive so if it doesn't work out, not really an issue.:dunno:

·
OO[][]OO
523 Posts
It is pretty easy to do fair job with out so much experience - and if the car is not expensive why not give it a try !

ps:
I have seen people doing tint even from the out side on their (not exp.) car windows --- proly for easy/simple/alternative/cheap way !

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Pretty simple, just wash your car and use the outside of the window as the template. Cut the film so that it fits the inside. Remember to spray lots of water to the inside glass.

It is certainly doable. However, I would not recommend it if you polan to do this on your bimmer. You can get it done for around $150 with lifetime warranty against scratch and bubbles. Putting the film on is easy, but removing it after five years because of bubbles is much harder and very expensive. So let the shop do it and if they need to replace the film five years down the road. They will do it for you for free.

·
Registered
543 Posts
dont do it....

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
dont do it...its only around a 100 to get it done...atleast it was for me and I got lumar tint...its not worth the effort its gonna cost like 20-50 bucks for the film

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree that it's pretty inexpensive to get done. If you want to give it a shot, go for it. The side windows should be pretty easy, definately have a shop do the rear window though.

Taking tint off, at nearly any age, shouldn't be difficult (if not the back window with defogger). I had a car with old bubbling tint many years ago, the tint was on there for a LONG time prior to my purchase. I took all of the side window tint off on my own with a razor blade.

Good luck.

·
Registered
451 Posts
cgrizzly888 said:
I'm considering doing a tint job on one of my cars myself using Sunguard film. It seems quite simple, anyone have experience with it? The film is inexpensive so if it doesn't work out, not really an issue.:dunno:
I'll save you some trouble in saying it afterwards. "HUGE MISTAKE."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.