E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curuious but has Anyone try Mr. Clean carwash kit?
It comes with this type of sprinkler hose that supposedly washed and dries the car withiuot having to use any towels and cleans in minutes....

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,326 Posts
The "spot free" rinse at the DIY carwashes is essentially the same thing, and cheaper.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Beckham007 said:
It comes with this type of sprinkler hose that supposedly washed and dries the car withiuot having to use any towels and cleans in minutes....
a member on this forum, kpeng, has it, and he's told me nothing but good things about it.

You still have to scrub the harder to get off stuff w/ a towel or w/e but besides that its as easy as in the commercial he says.

·
Registered
93 Posts
yea, my opinion is it sucks ass.

takes just as long to use the spot free rinse as it does to run a cotton towel over the car...

so yea.. you don't every 'touch' the car with mr. clean, but who cares?

g

Beckham007 said:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Beckham007 said:
My last roommate got one, I was very skeptical about it but it works pretty well actually. We would help each other wash cars, hed just mist that stuff on and go in the house while im drying my car all afternoon, obsessing over single water drops....in the end his car would look just as good (he has black paint) with no watermarks that I ever noticed. I don't know what other peoples experiences have been but I was suprised at how well it seemed to work, give it a shot

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thats funny I was thinking the same thing. I saw it in a magazine.

How much are they? IM thinking to get it. Black is a bicth to get spots off.

·
Registered
151 Posts
:repost:

·
Registered
10,650 Posts
i have trouble remember where ive rinsed and where i havnt.
what i do, is i go over it with the rinse water, then dry it with a towel as i usually do.
it doesnt save me any work, but the spot free water+towel means thers no water marks at all.

·
flavaaroni
1,040 Posts
eh... its okay. i used it for a while but the cost of the number of filters and soap for it was a killer. so i just switched back to using Eagle1 wax-as-you-dry, the absorber, and a terry cloth. does a great job...

·
Registered
379 Posts
I like it, it's faster than drying your car by hand any day. :thumbup:

·
Registered
868 Posts
the refill filters and soap are a rip off....i was so amazed with it until i had to get the refill stuff....
all it does is take the minerals out of the water....

·
Registered
379 Posts
yayopwr said:
the refill filters and soap are a rip off....i was so amazed with it until i had to get the refill stuff....
all it does is take the minerals out of the water....
I have well water so maybe that helps, but I've had mine for a year and I'm only on my second filter. I suppose if you wash your car 2 or more times a week and have hard water or something then you could go through a filter a month....$$$$$$. :yikes:

I guess it all depends on the user.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think it is the best thing ever because it saves so much time from drying... it also reduces the possibility of scratches from drying with a chamois.
:repost:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like it. There's some debate over whether it strips wax, and if you wash with a mitt or chenile sponge, the mitt or sponge turns black pretty quickly, so it seem that may be the case.

What I usually do is wash with another car wash soap, rinse, spray it down with the Mr. Clean soap, rinse, and then spray with the filtered water. I have a dark car, and it seem to work pretty well. I only use the Mr. Clean soap as a primary wash if I'm also going to be polishing and waxing afterward.

Houdini

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
i hate the mr clean car wash, def strips wax. Drying with a big blue microfiber towel works way better.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts