BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people.

i recently bought new carbon fiber interior parts for my car and now realize that i can't retain the use of my arm pads on the doors!

this really doesn't bother me except that i really am the type of guy who likes to retain the stock look as much as possible.

would anyone be willing to trade me straightup for the overlay's that vinnymac is selling? you can buy the whole set and then trade me the door handles and the rear set. my loss is your gain! i paid over 600.00 for these.

its in excellent shape and made from very good quality carbon fiber. i am actually pretty amazed how good it looks. i will be posting pics soon!

:bow: thanks:bow:

·
Registered
771 Posts
are you treading whole set of carbon fiber? total 8pcs, if so.i would like to trade u mine

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just all four arm rests.

No sorry. All the parts are awesome quality and I am keeping the dash, shiftknob, and front gauge. The ones I am trading are four of the arm rests that attach to the door and rear passenger cabin.

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,702 Posts
yo! i have the overlays, but only for the front. the rear wont fit ur car. let me know if ur interested. PM me.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry guys for the delay...finals!

Hey guys sorry for the delay. I had finals. I was going to sell the armrests for anyone that wanted to trade me out for some overlays...the problem is now:

I decided to try the installation to make sure that it fit because I have nothing but bad experience with aftermarket parts (the guys make the baddast CF though, they make parts for UUC - Klasse Sports).

In doing so, the bloody screws did not fit through the door panels...so I had to drill larger holes in the door panel. I then kicked myself in the ass because I realized when I shut the door, I have a potential of pulling the screws right through the door! Last minute, I was clever enough to put washers in place and now everything looks great. So now the problem is, if I wanted to to trade them, I would have to trade the door panels too. So much for trying to make sure on my part I never gyp nobody...

In conclusion, the install was a byatch but the final product kicks a--.

I do want to sell my CF shift knob though! There is a little nick part where my thumb rests and its annoying the hell out of me. I am willing to sell it for 55 plus shipping. Its an exact OEM match to the stock woody.

Thanks guys,

Daniel.Nguyen

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts