E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I work at a used car dealer, and we just got in a 2001 325i, and I'm a little shocked at the lack of equipment...I've never seen one like this before.

-No electric climate control, it's got knobs, like on the 92-94 E36.
-No armrest.
-No button for the trunk release.
-The trim: It's not wood, neither silver. It's beige, like the interior. Ugly.
It does have a sunroof+heated seats. Weird.

Anyone seen one with knobs, no trunk release, like this? Didn't know they make em' like that anymore.

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,524 Posts
thats very strange, i have a 01 325Ci and i did not "upgrade" options or anything for climate control and i got digital, maybe its a sedan thing....:dunno:

i would pay about $5 for that car...

its sounds like someone parted out that car or something, maybe it was a loaner and people just took stuff lol :lmao: j/k

·
Der Meisterstück
2,399 Posts
Sounds like a special order car. In Europe they have trim levels for the E46 that is like what you described. Especially the Beige interior. I believe its called high gloss beige. Reason for the trim level being so low is that in Europe the E46 model line competes with the VW Golf on the low end of the spectrum to the Audi S4 on the high end of the spectrum. Hence the lack of standard options on the car you described. Check the origins of the car in Question. It might be an imported car from Europe spec'd to the lowest of the trim levels over there. Or it might be a special order car that someone managed to order his/her car with that trim level that isn't supposed to be available here in the US.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was actually wondering if it was a non-US car...I'm going to look into it, I'm really curious.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No foglights either...only research I can do on the car is run a carfax. It was exported out of Sweden to the US.

You know you're a BMW nut when stuff like this consumes this much time while at work!

Anyway, it's still pretty cheap for an '01.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
I got my car really basic just trying to save money cause I wanted a BMW but didnt have a lot to spend so all mine has is tit silver paint, bi-xenons, sunroof, steptronic

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BG, yours has foglights, and does it have knobs for the climate control, or a trunk release button by the hood release?

Mine is a coupe, w/o the premium package, so I don't have power or heated seats, but it has an armrest, sport steering wheel w/stereo controls(this 01 sedan doesn't have stereo controls on the wheel by the way), foglights...ect.

One thing I wish mine had is the xenons! Just don't want to drop the $$ for it. I think I "need" an M front bumper though.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I also have a 325Ci coupe without the premium package, but I have everything else that you could order for the car. I have never heard of an E46 Sedan with those lack of options you listed nor a coupe for that matter. When the E46 model started in 1999, did the interior look more like what you are describing now?? Maybe it's actually an older model year and they have it mis-listed or something.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, it's an '01. Besides, they didn't make the 325 in 99. It would be either a 323 or 328, and they did come standard with all those things.

I'm pretty sure it's like what MrMoterwerk said, it's a special order car. It was imported from Sweden, and every other BMW carfax I've ran, all the overseas BMW's came from Germany.

Also, I checked out bmwusa.com, and they're not listed options.

·
Registered
559 Posts
slaps76 said:
So I work at a used car dealer, and we just got in a 2001 325i, and I'm a little shocked at the lack of equipment...I've never seen one like this before.

-No electric climate control, it's got knobs, like on the 92-94 E36.
-No armrest.
-No button for the trunk release.
-The trim: It's not wood, neither silver. It's beige, like the interior. Ugly.
It does have a sunroof+heated seats. Weird.

Anyone seen one with knobs, no trunk release, like this? Didn't know they make em' like that anymore.
no special order and not a non us car. What it is is early 2001 325's came w/o climate control w/ an armrest and all of them came w/o a trunk release. They also came with that beige trim. If you upgraded to the premium package you were given electricl climate, an armrest and wood trim but still no trunk release. Bmw then decided half way through the production cycle to start throwing in electircl climate control. And for 2002 i believe u get a trunk release button which my 2001 did not have. I had electric climate, the armrest, and a wood trim (now i have silver) because i ordered the premium package. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I thought only 330s came with the trunk release button?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
When I was looking at used cars before I ordered my new one I saw a 2001 325ci with the know a/c it also didn't have the trunk button. THe new ones have it. BMWs site says so under standard equipment on the 325ci.

·
Registered
311 Posts
yeah, mine doesn't have that trunk release button and doesn't have an armrest either, but I'm tall and an armrest would get in my way and it hasn't been any problem not having a trunk release button (since there's the button on the trunk itself or on the key). Knobs for the HVAC though? I've never seen that!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
according to my dealer, the auto climate control system was not a standard option until 1/01 build date. Mine was a 12/00 build date & did not come w/ it, it was a $200 option on my 2001 325Ci (but i got one off e-bay for $86 he he he he) they are $400 (i think) through the parts dept. I did get the armrest & trunk release button, but mines a coupe, so it came w/ some standard features the sedan had listed as options...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts