E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in doing a sytem in my M3. What model/size are you using in the fronts and rears and any comments would be very helpful, thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm running 236is component front and 336im coax rear, both 6.5". The sound quality is very very good. I also have a JL 12w3d2 sub in the rear. The setup is driven by an Alpine F450 amp.

The a/d/s speakers themselves are awesome, but there's one problem you might run into. The weakness of my system is actually the car itself. BMW trunk is so well-sealed that you won't hear much melody from the sub, just loudness. Fortunately, my car comes with a ski port which could be removed to allow more bass into the cabin.

I'm also thinking about replacing the sub with a pair of JL Stealthboxes (my current sub takes up a huge chunk of space in the trunk). I'll lose the rear speakers in the process, but the thought of having a fully usable trunk space is very tempting.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just installed 346is components in the front, 346im's for the rear, powered by a PH30.2 amp. It sounds awesome! :thumbup: Very clear and accurate.

Took me two weekends to put in all the speakers and hook up the amp. It was my first time doing a car stereo install, and I'm pleased with the results.

I haven't added the sub yet, but plan on getting one 310rs.2 (or maybe a 312rs.2).

I actually have a PQ40.2 I'm thinking about selling. I got it planning to run two subs with that and bi-amp the front channels with the PH30, but now I think that's overkill for what I'm looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts