E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the leather covered arm rest on the door? I had the door panel off yesterday and was not able to see a way to get it off. Please help!!

AdamR

·
Invalid User
9,504 Posts
someone i bought trim off of yesterday had to do it. he said that it's harder than a mothafu*ka. just get your nails under there and pull it off. he said it'll seem like you're gonna break it, but it won't. i'm gonna probably try to install it tonite. good luck

·
Banned
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you talking about getting your nails under the doorpanel or under the leather piece. I only ask cause I set a new record.... installed my mirrors yesterday on the passanger door in under 15 minutes.

AdamR

·
Invalid User
9,504 Posts
aren't you talking about the leather cushion on the armrest? you have to get your nails under there and just pull it off.

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,849 Posts
I believe that leather piece your referring to is actually vinyl. i literally raped my fingertip trying to pry that son b!tch off. I lost my sense of feel for a day and a half.

·
Banned
1,770 Posts
It's a piece of cake if you ask me. Just get a screwdriver, cover the tip with a towel or t-shirt (so u don't scratch the door) and use it to pry the door panel from the door. Start at one of the bottom corners. Once you get a corner loose it's real easy to pull it off with your hands. Just remove the screws that hold the door on first.

I circled the clips that hold the door in place...

·
Banned
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hehe man I would have but the deal was done at the same time. I decided with the person that I would get the euro mirrors and he would get the M3 mirrors from me. Hes also local. Any other time, I would have thought about you... cant forget my CL forum buddy! :D

AdamR

1 - 16 of 16 Posts