BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im running into some serious cash soon...

I want to order a ///M3 csl...

does anyone know where do i go...

dealers are useless...they dont know anything about it...

·
Registered
199 Posts
mmmm

thats from like 90-125K , why not get something else ?
porsche turbo or something ... or SL 55 ?
your going to have to go to germany pal .... dealers wont have that info here... no one ever orders them ...

·
yuppie racing
1,927 Posts
its one of those things- if you have to ask where you can purchase one, you proly wont ever get one........

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
90-125K

too me it makes sense to get a car like m3 csl that no one has, than an sl55 which in NJ is a common thing...plus i drove the SL55 and dont like the way it handles...i'v never driven a porsche before and the looks bother me a lil...

I though the csl was going to be 80K?

I email BMW NA head of vehicle production and they said they will try to get me info

·
Registered
199 Posts
ddd

the new 2003 Sl 55 is not commin at all , they only made a limited production of those cars i think its in the 300-500 range per year, plus it has 469 hp .
mike

·
Owner
4,057 Posts
Even if the CSL is priced at $80K, since it will be limited production, people will be paying a high premium. Remember when the E46 M3 first came out? Some people in the bay area were paying $15K over sticker. Just imagine the gouging the dealers will be doing with the CSL. I'm thinking you'll end up paying 6 digits out the door.

·
wah wah wah
2,765 Posts
bro get the porsche turbo:thumbup::thumbup:

that thing is a beast it goes up soo fast to 120 its just crazy!!!!:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :eeps: :eeps:

·
Registered
199 Posts
dd

how much faster is the CSL ? is it worth it ... look into getting a DINAN m5 .. does 0-60 , in 4.1 thats not bad honestly. or if your a baller get the GT 2 , a mear 180K for a 3.4 0-60 time

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,845 Posts
if you get it, make some videos for us like the last one :thumbup:

·
The Man
350 Posts
I would get the CL55 and send it to Brabus.

·
Registered
199 Posts
ass

the brabus kit costs another 35K , but really worth it , my neighbor has the Ml 55 ( brabus with Quad pipes!!!) its unreal ! i bet it has close to 400 -450 hp ,
well worth it

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My dad had a cl55 it was junk! Because you have to understand i hate soft rides...and this was like king of soft sport cars...the engine was amazing but the handling was junk ....no road feel

and the SL55's look awesome but there is about 50 of them here in NJ around where i live...

I'd consider a Porsche but I don’t like em due to its a regular base production car and its kind of ugly....a friend of of mine used to have a carrera S4 and it was in the shop monthly...i only hear bad things about these cars...and crash rating for porsche is junk. If you'v ever seen the crash test for 100mph for Porsche you'd never get one...i was in a crash w/ a BMW at 110mph and i walked out of the car with OUT any pain...(some minor back pains but that was it)

the M3 csl i would get because its beyond rare and is most likely one of the best BMW's ever made. I dont really care about speed after the car is able to hit 0-60 in 4sec...

im not paying 100K for a csl that’s not right....i am thinking 72-80 is worth it but after that its not because i rather get a regular m3 v6 and wait for the V8 one in 2006...

but does anyone know where i have to call in to talk about this realistically? call in to talk about this realistically?

·
Owner
4,057 Posts
RacingDynamcs said:
Im running into some serious cash soon...

I want to order a ///M3 csl...

does anyone know where do i go...

dealers are useless...they dont know anything about it...
I would try calling a dealership that knows their shiet like Cutter BMW in Santa Barbara, CA or even Century BMW in Alhambra. Whatever you do, don't order from Maniskor.com.:D

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
2,124 Posts
honestly ...take a weekend trip to germany, its only like 300 bucks roundtrip at the moment or something, and you'll get some serious answers

or if you keep calling BMW NA and bugging them something will happen!

BTW lets not go offtopic on the forums i dont recall him asking "im getting an m3 csl anyone reject to it??" he's just askin where he can get his hands on onee...

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
get something crazy, maybe a 360 Modena or something, and keep the 330 as the daily driver (ok, fine, as the beater :D )... wouldnt be too shabby!

-brendan

1 - 20 of 42 Posts