BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing some HID foglights and noticed this plug begin the foglights on the passenger side. I thought it could have been the outside temp sensor but my outside temp shows up fine. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
26,422 Posts
How much 'cord' is on it? It looks familiar, but not sure where it goes...if anywhere on your car...but certainly worth a thorough look just to be safe...

If it'd make it, check turn signal lights...fan...might just be pre-wire for headlight washers...horn...

Pull it out and check everything that it would fit...if nothing, then I guess it's a pre-wire...leftover from old headlights or fogs?

·
Registered
500 Posts
yeah if its near the lights and just hangin around down there it is probably a wire for the option of the headlight washers like dmax mentioned...

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry about the spelling, I'm on my phone. The car does not have headlight washers so I guess it could be the plug for the pump. Turn signals, headlights and fan work fine . The wire didnt have much slack in it so i dont think it goes anywhere far from that point. Here's a pic of my 3k HID foglights by the way

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts