BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been searching and searching for a while now and i havnt found any white bulbs that blink white for my 04 signal lights... it turns out 04 bulbs are different than all previous models (another member told me, he had an 03 and 04 coupe and the bulbs were different)... im sick of the eggyolk effect when my lights are on... makes my car look like has yellow corners in the front... someone please help me out, thanks!
:banghead:

·
Rogue Engineering
2,478 Posts
No they wont fit 04 models...04 corner lights are a wedge style bulb. I spray painted mine but I also tried a pair of clear ones out. I liked them but I thought orange all around was better since I couldnt change the LEDs...but I may put the clears back in for a little...Take out your bulbs and match them up to a bulb at your local auto parts store like Pepboys...

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hah i knew i can count on you to respond to my thread :pimpin: i have no clue how to take out that bulb to show any store... plus every store that i been to around here only sell the blue tinted ones that dont fit my 2004... which clear ones do you have? they blink and light up white right?

·
Rogue Engineering
2,478 Posts
Yea they are just clear bulbs. Kinda yellowish so Im not a huge fan of them. There is actually instructions on how to take out the bulbs in your manual. Be patient with them because it takes some patience to screw them back in. All you have to do is twist the ballast and it will come out. Not a big deal at all...Putting it back in you have to align it perfectly with the hole...

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
Me too man!! I'll try painting them as soon as I get some time...here is what oneha1980 told me when I asked him about his:

no, you dont have to bake them open.
those bulbs are on a 3-4 inch adapter thing and you just have to twist the adapter(right or left, i forgot which way) to open and it will pop out. the driver's side is easier but you'll have to unscrew some of the washer fluid container to have some space to get it out on the right side.

so just twist and pull :D

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
man im pretty against painting them myself! btw wat model are the fogs, im ordering them right now but dont know which ones i need, thanks

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts

What we really need is some way to replace the LEDs on the side signals so they blink white.....that would be :pimpin:

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
Oh yeah, to install the fogs, what you'll have to do is unscrew the 2 screws holding the plastic on in front of the wheel and go in from the back.

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
hmmmmm...I'm not sure...I think I got the ?47? watt ones. If thats the right number..where are you ordering from?

·
Registered
377 Posts
i got some that blink white, but when its just on its kinda yellowish..

·
Registered
209 Posts
i got the ones that have blue tint on them. when they blink, they are almost clear with some blueish tint, you will see some blue color thru the outside lenses but they match my superwhite fogs and high's... it looks better than yellow imo

1 - 20 of 48 Posts