BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
E46Fanatic
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the time has come for some new tires and I've decided to go with the Bridgestone Potenza's since they have alittle better tread life than the Michelin Pilot Sports and perform fairly equally. Any of you guys and girls know of a good shop on LI where i can get them installed? My rims are basically in showroom condition and i really don't want any scrapes or scuffs on them. TIA

·
Help me Help you!
957 Posts
StreetTrixE4six said:
Well the time has come for some new tires and I've decided to go with the Bridgestone Potenza's since they have alittle better tread life than the Michelin Pilot Sports and perform fairly equally. Any of you guys and girls know of a good shop on LI where i can get them installed? My rims are basically in showroom condition and i really don't want any scrapes or scuffs on them. TIA
Hey Bryan,

You can probably try Ultima,
I believe they should be able to mount the tires onto the rims and balance (?) them. THey have tons of rims in the shop so it only makes sense for those guys to take care of this as well.
At least you will know that they will take care of ur rims since they are a big aftermarket/performance shop.
Give them a call.

I guess the other LI'ers will probably know better places...
good luck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Tire Shop

I have used AAA tire in Smithtown twice. Once for tires put on the rims of my Saleen Mustang and once for tires on my '99 M3. I don't know where you live, but these guys are used to handling expensive rims. It has been a couple of years, but I think the same guy runs the place. His name is Mike.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Plainview Tire right by the LIE service road, nice guys over there. They do everything from tires to brakes to suspension work.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
guys thank alot i was going to ask the same question

i have a slow leak on my lm22 tire. will look into those places with my long island buddies lolllllllllll
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
E46Fanatic
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Anyone know a good tire shop on Long Island?

itchyNscratchy said:

Hey Bryan,

You can probably try Ultima,
I believe they should be able to mount the tires onto the rims and balance (?) them. THey have tons of rims in the shop so it only makes sense for those guys to take care of this as well.
At least you will know that they will take care of ur rims since they are a big aftermarket/performance shop.
Give them a call.

I guess the other LI'ers will probably know better places...
good luck.
what's up man?! I'm sure ultima would do a great job but i wanna go somewhere alittle closer. they're about 45 minutes from me.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I just went to Traction Plus on Main Street in Sayville (631 244-3535) and had some RE750's ($169ea) put on my 18" Breytons. They did a great job and have all the equiptment needed for custom wheels without scratching them...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Tri-state tire and wheels`

these guys do great and quick work
can get anything and great on price
never had a single problem been going for years and I send people there all the time.

they are located on route 111 I think in hauppauge area
right before suffolk ave.

phone number is 631-434-tire

·
Help me Help you!
957 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Anyone know a good tire shop on Long Island?

StreetTrixE4six said:

what's up man?! I'm sure ultima would do a great job but i wanna go somewhere alittle closer. they're about 45 minutes from me.
Werd,
I remember you live way out east in LI.
Good luck though, hope the other guys gave you some closer alternatives.

Later

·
Help me Help you!
957 Posts
1HOTBMW said:
I bought my rims and tires from Precision Installations in Valley Stream. I got better prices at their store than I could get online. Deal with Mitch if you go there, he's a good guy. You can get their info at http://www.precisioninstallations.com/ Hope this helps you.:thumbup:
That is still too far for StreetTrixE4six.
Precision is basically next to lynnbrook where ultima is located.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
go to ultima to put them on

and they have a very good repair shop that they send out wheels to fix road rash or bend rims. sending one of my hre 540'ies out to fix some road rash sence i got my lm22 on
for the winter months. takes around 2 weeks to get back. the
shop is very good.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
E46Fanatic
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Tri-state tire and wheels`

salerno12 said:
these guys do great and quick work
can get anything and great on price
never had a single problem been going for years and I send people there all the time.

they are located on route 111 I think in hauppauge area
right before suffolk ave.

phone number is 631-434-tire
well i wish i had taken the trip over to ultima b/c i went to this place and they managed to scratch the whole perimeter of both rear rims. they work quick, but definitely not good. :thumbdwn:

·
E46Fanatic
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
itchyNscratchy said:
damn sorry to hear that, what shop did you go to so others can avoid the place out in LI.
Tri-State Tires and Wheels or something like that in Central Islip on 111. The guy took the weights off the rims too with a screw driver and hammer and put gashes where they were. pretty annoyed about the job they do over there. then i complain to the guy running the place and he pretty much blows me off. i should've known when i pulled in there and there were nothing but POS cars being worked on :tsk:

·
Help me Help you!
957 Posts
StreetTrixE4six said:

The guy took the weights off the rims too with a screw driver and hammer and put gashes where they were.
:tsk: :tsk:

This happened to ur stock m68 rims right? or did u get new rims?
also why are you getting summer performance tires now??

·
E46Fanatic
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
itchyNscratchy said:

:tsk: :tsk:

This happened to ur stock m68 rims right? or did u get new rims?
also why are you getting summer performance tires now??
i don't use my car in the snow. mom has an SUV and dad has AWD so there's usually a car here i can use if i need to. this happens to be the main reason why i don't want to keep switching tires on and off. and yeah, these are my stock M68's. no aftermarket wheels

·
E46Fanatic
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'm just annoyed b/c these rims looked as good as when i picked the car up from the dealer new. absolutely immaculate and not a single knick on these rims. gotta have some loser f*#k em' up on me :ben:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts