E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in Socal willing to teach me how to weld? I want to learn for my own experience and for work as well. I will pay for my own supplies and pay for your time as well. I would love to take a welding class but due to work hours i am unable to attend classes. Pm me if interested

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
i will pay you to do my resonator delete after you learn :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
If it was TIG I know people that teach weekend classes or I could probably teach you.
I believe Santa Ana college has a Saturday class if your schedule is to tight during the week.

·
Ceiling missing!
1,359 Posts
Wire flux welding is whatever, don't waste your time with that.

Just get a standard mig welder with shield gas, any cheap lincoln will do honestly. I didn't take any classes, just watched a bunch of youtube and learned from my buddy who's a professional machinest Only thing you need to remember is to use the proper shield gas, proper wire speed, and to make half moons.

And you want a super clean surface to work on, anything dirty or filthy will just make things a mess and won't work.

A monkey can mig weld, tig welding requires classes and the equipment is very expensive.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wire flux welding is whatever, don't waste your time with that.

Just get a standard mig welder with shield gas, any cheap lincoln will do honestly. I didn't take any classes, just watched a bunch of youtube and learned from my buddy who's a professional machinest Only thing you need to remember is to use the proper shield gas, proper wire speed, and to make half moons.

And you want a super clean surface to work on, anything dirty or filthy will just make things a mess and won't work.

A monkey can mig weld, tig welding requires classes and the equipment is very expensive.
did some more research. welding seems pretty easy. looks like you need good equipment and practice. Yeah the flux welding looks crappy and dirty. looking into a mig welder with gas is probably the best option.

·
Ceiling missing!
1,359 Posts
it is REALLY easy, don't over think it. as long as you have a clean surface, then just start working and play with the settings. my girlfriend can probably mig weld, if you wanna test the penetration just throw it on the ground or something but im pretty sure you got good penetration as long as you have good control, heat, and wire speed.

tig weld is a different story, go to school for that. it's a more valuable skillset in my opinion, it's the biggest money maker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.