E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I will be back in town on the 23rd, they can bring it to my shop for a PPI if you/they want

·
Registered
419 Posts
it would help if you post more details about the car and the dealership so people know if it's closer to them or something like that.

I mean, it's not easy to help a stranger out so you need to make it easier for them
good luck!

·
Ironman
01 330iT 6MT, 98 M Roadster
5,122 Posts
I'll be driving right by there in a little while. Can't promise, but I should have time to give it a quick look.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I just put a deposit for this car

:)

Jk it's far from me because I live in Katy area...
But good luck, man!

·
Ironman
5,122 Posts
Run away!

I'll post more details later, but my 200k mile 328i is in better condition. I wouldn't touch this car with a 3 meter electric cattle prod.

·
Ironman
5,122 Posts
Both doors have been repainted. I think they were painted by Stevie Wonder. The orange peel is horrible. The rear bumper cover shows evidence of a rear impact - not BAD but I saw it immediately. The drivers door opened and closed like a 80s Chevy, not like a premium German car.

Lastly, I stopped looking at things once inside. The SMG lever surround and the plastic trim on the doors were painted. It was all cracked and crazed.

This car has lead a rough life - far worse than it should have with less than 70k miles. It could probably be made into a decent car, but it would require a HUGE discount off the asking price and the buyer would need plenty of cash on hand to address the short-comings. I wouldn't pay more than $15k, and than only if I had $5k cash on-hand to bring it up to par. Actually, I'm not sure I'd want to pay $15k for this car.

The rest of the interior looked OK, but I stopped looking closely at anything by that point.

I'm not a super fussy, anal retentive type. I can accept a few flaws in a used car. This one I'd run away from.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.