BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to get a set of pulleys, tranny mounts and possibly a ssk. I would love to install these myself, but living at school, I dont have a garage, let alone the tools necessary to complete the job. that being said, I'm not mechanically retarded, I'm not looking for someone to do this for me to save on install costs. Just wondering if anyone around the central jersey (new brunswick) or north jersey (bergen county) area would be willing to lend a hand...ill supply the beers (or even throw you some loot if you prefer)

thanks in advance,
Phil

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can lend a hand, but the irony is I just completed school and left all of my tools there.
Hey,
My dad actually lives in edgewater (grand cove)....he'd probably have a bunch of the tools for the job, but def. nothing like a jack and jack stands and stuff like that (he'd have all sorts of tools, except those for specifically for cars). if you have a a place to work and some of that stuff, I'd love to meet up and try to get some of this stuff installed...

ooh, and BUMP for good measure lol...

-Phil

·
Registered
518 Posts
LOL, irony x2 is that the stuff I left at school were my 2.5 ton jack and 4x jack stands. Sorry I guess I can't help out.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ grrrr, crap lol.....thanks anyway, I def appreciate it

I guess we're bumping this to the top then.....someone help me out, I need to borrow someones garage so I don't get raped on install charges!!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BUMP...no none can help a fellow fanatic out??

·
Registered
954 Posts
I've got a compressor and tools..I just dont know what's involved.
But if you can get talent, I've got tools..
And I'm centrally located in Metuchen

The only rule is no leaky fluids on my new concrete driveway..

Maybe I can get some help changing my steering wheel too.

ED

PS. See my post re: Last GTG in Lebanon at SRAudioworks.com
Gonna be a blast plus lots of good techies on hand fresh from SEMA, and no one is trying to sell anything..and free coffee and donuts, plus who knows what else..

·
Registered
386 Posts
You know, normally I'm the first guy to jump up and lend a hand, but I've been super busy on the weekends lately. I've even been blowing off poor edco! It's OK Ed, I never forget about you. :)

Anyway I think I'm free this coming Sunday and I have lots of room to work and lots of tools and some experience. Edco won't let me touch his car anymore since the uh... incident... but don't listen to him. Really I know what I'm doing!! :craig:

I'm in Edison. PM me or post back if you still need help.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Now r0x:
You know I dont hold a grudge...

Just remember righty tighty, lefty loosey - and you'll be all set.

I think I'm going to FINALLY do the steering wheel swap on the X5 this weekend - prolly Saturday though if I can move it to Sun I'll let you know, so (other than the fact that my garage has no heat), you are welcome to come to my place.. (I got better tools than R0X, and all 10 of my fingers !)

ED in Metuchen

Hey R0X, need a date for dinner with you and your lovely next week ! No buts about it !!!! Any night but Wednesday ! Our place.. I'm cooking, and I'm a damn good cook ! Maybe we'll do coffee with Alex afterwards..

And you really need to come to the Lebanon GTG next Sat at SRAudio (see post in this section..) we can caravan since I'm driving the X5 and the wife is driving the vert..Free food (I know that gets your attention)..and techs on hand to answer questions about audio, security, wheels. Shawn owns the place and he and I have become friends..

You know, normally I'm the first guy to jump up and lend a hand, but I've been super busy on the weekends lately. I've even been blowing off poor edco! It's OK Ed, I never forget about you. :)

Anyway I think I'm free this coming Sunday and I have lots of room to work and lots of tools and some experience. Edco won't let me touch his car anymore since the uh... incident... but don't listen to him. Really I know what I'm doing!! :craig:

I'm in Edison. PM me or post back if you still need help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts