E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
140 Posts
I have a 7yr, 100k "ultra-premium care" warranty by API. That's on top of the 4-year 50k mile BMW warranty. Supposedly the API warranty you can take it to just about any auto shop for repairs done by natural, unexpected wear. i have never had the need to use it because i just use my bmw warranty but when Bmw warranty runs out, it will be interesting to see how they treat me. I didn't buy the warranty, the original car owner did and we did a transfer. Hopefully headaches will be at a minimum. He paid $2750.00 for the 3rd party warranty for the 330ci.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have a 4 years or up to 100,000 miles extended warranty from Easy Care. the covrage is called Total Care. I purchased it for 2400$ from Beverly Hills BMW. After all the research i did for the third party warranty companies, this one seems to cover the most parts, for the most reasonable price. IMHO it is 100 percent worth it, I dont get it how some people say it isnt :dunno: . oh and the deductable is 100$ per visit.
Do it man! drealer asked me for 980$ for four corner brake job, so imagine how much it'd cost to rapair or change some major parts such as , diff, tranny, and so on $$$$$. it will pay off on the long run, given the fact that mine is even transferable for 50$. I hope that helps.

art

·
AREA 51
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BMW service has no experience w/ them and told me to be careful. that said, BMW uses CNA National so they might be trying to keep me from using another 3rd party.

thoughts :dunno:
BMW service told me i should be careful w/ these 3rd party warranty companies.

here is the BBB report about First National Warranty (the company i am thinking of using and they seem to be good based on the BBB report)...

FIRST NATIONAL WARRANTY, LLC
1001 W Cypress Creek Road #203
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
View Location Map

Original Business
Start Date:
4/1/2001
Principal: Paul McCawley, President
Local Phone Number: (866) 493-8447
Fax Number: (954) 493-8352
Membership Status: YES
Date Joined BBB: 9/30/2003
TOB Classification: Auto Warranty Processing Service
Web Site URL(s): http://www.fnwarranty.com

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

BBB Membership

This company has been a member of the Better Business Bureau since September 2003. This means it supports the Bureau's services to the public and meets our membership standards.

Program Participation

The company participates in the Bureau's Membership Identification Program. This company has agreed to use special complaint handling procedures including mediation and arbitration if necessary to resolve disputes.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has a satisfactory record with the Bureau. The company has been responsive to any matters brought to its attention by the Bureau.

To have a Satisfactory Record with the Bureau, a company must be in business for at least 12 months, properly and promptly address matters referred to it by the Bureau, and be free from an unusual volume or pattern of complaints and law enforcement action involving its marketplace conduct. In addition, the Bureau must have a clear understanding of the company's business and no concerns about its industry.

·
Likes Supermodels
2,352 Posts
i know that location, also Gordon Murray lives in that vicinity. well if i ever need extended warranty then i surely will use that company since it's not far from me. :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts