BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on having the windshield replaced on my M3 coupe but am wondering if there are any things I should look out for. Has anyone had any problems with wind noise after having it replaced. Also can anyone recommend a good shop in Socal and approximately what i should pay.....btw i have the rain sensor too.

Thanks

·
Just Marinatin'
2,912 Posts
tough call

If I was you then I would take it to a place. Don't mess with the mobile service. You need to make sure that the installer is careful of the pillars next to the windshield. Mine were damaged during the install because he took them off then I had them fixed but they just ended up getting small black marks on it. Finally I was just like screw it they are only 40 bucks to replace. There is no wind noise just get OEM. I paid 235 but I don't have a rain sensor.

·
Registered
742 Posts
With BMWs u should be extra careful when having somebody replace the windshield, cause our cars are not as easy as any of the other ones. Since some of our cars have the rain sensor on them, then a contractor has to be extra special.

A good way to tell if your window is not put in properly is to take some water and drown the windshield with water. Make sure all of the water doesn't seep into any small openings, or see it your window may frost up on the inside. That is a good way of checking also.

If u have to, then do a good background check on that company, like what types of cars they do...u know!:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts