BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I know all about that...
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a good unit? Everywhere I look it says to be either sold out or discontinued(I don't know which is true). Anyone know whats up with this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I DO I DO!!!

I have one installed in my bimmer and it works very well. It is connected to a vsx935 head unit. Terk just came out with a small magnetic mount antenna thats much smaller than the first generation antennas. We were actual able to hide it between the foam layer and top layer in the rear deck lid so its not visible at all and still great signal strength. I work for a small a/v company in central Fla and sell them. reply if you have any additional questions!

·
I know all about that...
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: I DO I DO!!!

dvstt said:
I have one installed in my bimmer and it works very well. It is connected to a vsx935 head unit. Terk just came out with a small magnetic mount antenna thats much smaller than the first generation antennas. We were actual able to hide it between the foam layer and top layer in the rear deck lid so its not visible at all and still great signal strength. I work for a small a/v company in central Fla and sell them. reply if you have any additional questions!
Thanks for the reply man. I just bought the receiver last night but that antenna idea sounds great, any idea on where to get it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
my best suggestion would be to go to sirius.com and locate a dealer near you. Call them and see i they have it in stock.....The part # is SIR3. They'll probably tell you that you will need a splitter to hook up the single wire antenna to the receiver. That is incorrect. It WILL work without having that piece. It works great and I have no signal loss. Enjoy!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts