E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
No more E46 :(
2,536 Posts
I have it and I love it! No more cup holders but no eating or drinking in my cat anyway (it will hold a Taco Bell super-big-ass drink with little problem though).

BTW, don't get it from E-Bay. You can get one from Circle BMW or Pacific BMW for a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I called my dealership and they said they cant get european items :dunno: I guess they are idiots. Do you think circle or pacific bmw can get a europlate holder too because my dealership said they cant get that either.

·
No more E46 :(
2,536 Posts
Derek_325Ci said:
Thanks guys. I called my dealership and they said they cant get european items :dunno: I guess they are idiots. Do you think circle or pacific bmw can get a europlate holder too because my dealership said they cant get that either.
Just give them part number and they can get it.

·
There I was, Sicily, 1918..
2,572 Posts
Derek_325Ci said:
You're right, they're idiots... give either Pac or Circ a call -- I got a quote from Pacific for $25.04 (internet orders) for the tray, but I live less than 10 miles away so I just drove down there to pick it up. They also had it in stock, so the day I called I drove down.

Oh and :thumbup: :thumbup: for the sliding tray. Much cleaner look and more functional (for me, at least).

Edit:

Full Sliding Tray (replaces coin holder as well)
51 16 7 038 323 Black
51 16 7 038 324 Gray
51 16 7 038 325 Beige

Sliding Tray
51 16 7 043 093 Black
51 16 7 043 094 Gray
51 16 7 043 095 Beige

As for the Euro Plate -- for the Sedan's front I believe it's:
51 11 2 492 210
Check the pic below -- is that the correct bumper?

Attachments

·
Go Lakers!!!
2,467 Posts
$42 is waaaaay too much!! Get it from Pacific BMW for like $27. I have it and it works great!! It also works as a cupholder, I just place the cup/can inside the tray and slide the top to hold it in place!!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
491 Posts
funny :) Those come standard on european E46's and I had it replaced by cupholders when I ordered my E46, it cost me 25 euro's (+- dollars) :)

Cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
491 Posts
BikeGuy said:
Got it, love it. You don't have a steering wheel on your coffee table, so why do you need a cup holder in your car?

Ordered mine through the dealer - got it three days later.
because I am spending at least 3-4h in my car every day, so it's nice to have some beverage from time to time... Like when doing a mc donalds drive-in etc... I guess it's something everyone has to make out for themselfs :dunno:

Cheers,

Andy :)

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
JCz04Bimmer said:
Hey SteelBlue... How'd you wire ur cell up? I have the adaptor to plug my LG VX6000 into the outlet in my glove compartment (cig lighter thingy). How'd you tap power, etc etc. Thanks for any guidance cuz I'd love to do this mod!
It's actually the Verizon professional install hands free kit that I gutted and did my own custom install with. It comes with a cradle that I couldn't get to fit in the tray, but Jlevi just inspired me and I shaved it down with a dremel and I have the cradle mounted in the compartment now. :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.