E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 330xi loaner with Hill Descent Control. I didn't know this was an option for anything but X5. Does anyone have this? How does it work?

·
Registered
136 Posts
The manual explains it pretty well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a s u r a 0 s 9 said:
on a 330xi !? really ??
Yea, I had to look it up in the manual to figure out waht it was.

The sticker was in the trunk of the car and there was nothing there about HDC being in the car.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i HAVE IT IN MY X5, iF YOU ARE IN SNOW OR GOING OFF ROADING, yOU PRESS THE BUTTON WHILE GOING DOWN A HILL AND IT WILL TAKE YOU DOWN HILL with a slow speed without you needing to press the gas, its kinda cool but only for snow, ice, mud.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It's on my car... didn't even know I was getting it until the dealer showed me all the features. It's on my dad's X5 too. All it does is help you go down hill at a slow, adjustable speed without pressing the gas or braking.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Yep, the xi's come with it. I think it's kind of worthless since I have a M/T so I can just put it in a low gear.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes I have it

I have a nice 330 xi. with it but the only thing I don't understand is in order for the light to stay on I have to hold in the button , is it broke?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Most likely you are trying to engage it over 20 mph. The button will not stay on over about 20 mph. A lot of people don't realize how slow that is especially when you are going down a steep hill.

This was a very poor choice for thread revival not only because it was 12 years old but because there is no pertinent information in it. Try this thread which is just from last year and has all the information you need:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1024455

including a reference to this page:

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/technology/technology_guide/articles/hill_descent_control.html

Try using the search tool a little better rather than grabbing the first thread you see on the topic. Using google and your search terms is a good method.

·
Registered
873 Posts
A lot of people blast others for posting questions here without searching first...(I'm guilty of this too) then posters get poked at when they reply on an old post that they searched for?! :confused: :facepalm: :confused:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.