BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,995 Posts
aww man...sorry dude, but youre gonna have to do some cutting. i know the coupes have more room in the doors than the sedans but you have the utopias..those friggin magnets go deep, how deep? sooooo deep!!!:tongue:

youre gonna have to do some cutting and what not...try and PM craig and ask how he installed his and what issues you'll run into...

·
Manwhore
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn it. Im having an audio shop try to get them in right now. They said they wont fit, but they are trying to see. I will know tommorrow.

Please if anyone knows... PM me!!

·
hammer talks like this
4,206 Posts
hahaha looks like they had to make a trim piece... not my pic. look up topazm3... he doesnt except PM's, maybe he has an email listed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
thats my picture!!!!! we had no problem installing that one at all...just a trim ring to hold it in place and put the door back on....

·
Manwhore
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Weird. I wonder if the m3 doors have deeper mounting depth. Cuz my installer just called and said he couldnt get them in. He said his co-worker tried too. :banghead:

Oh well, they are putting my rainbow pros back in the doors. So i know it wont sound like ****, but i still wanted the focals in. :bawling:

Commander FAT,

Do you know any good audio shops around here they might be able to get them in? :)

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,995 Posts
you didnt like the rainbow pros? why did you not decide to keep them? i heard theyre awesome speakers as well????

·
Registered
151 Posts
thats funny, boredom causes people to buy new spealers....haha i felt the same way when doing mine...i just got bored of the boston pros. i am not sure about the mounting depth being any deeper as it should not be...but ill ask

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
3,878 Posts
Their definately deep and require some modding. In fact we're not happy with them in my doors so we're throwing them in the rear for fill and going with 165W3's up front with the 6.5'' in the kicks and 5.75'' in the doors.

·
Registered
151 Posts
not bad, are you creating your own kick panels? i would love to see how its done on the driver side....i might consider doing that....

·
Network Analyst
3,469 Posts
CrazyBimmer said:
Weird. I wonder if the m3 doors have deeper mounting depth. Cuz my installer just called and said he couldnt get them in. He said his co-worker tried too. :banghead:

Oh well, they are putting my rainbow pros back in the doors. So i know it wont sound like ****, but i still wanted the focals in. :bawling:

Commander FAT,

Do you know any good audio shops around here they might be able to get them in? :)
I'm getting my head unit installed at Tweeter on monday.

I hear Excel Audio in Palatine is a good shop. It's not too far from Schaumburg.

dave

1 - 20 of 20 Posts