E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have DIY to change out the Driving light or fog light bulb? 03 330ci front fog light bulbs is yellow I want to make it HID so it's match up my xenon headlight.

thanks

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
davidjay420 said:
You will have to buy a new set of hid fogs.The factory lenses are plastic and will burn from the heat of the xenons.check out umnitza.com
For fog light conversion to HID you just have to buy the new bulbs. Check out SPP (www.supremepowerparts.com) Or Hoen XenonMatch (google it, get the website). I've heard that these two are the best for matching with your xenons, I've ordered a pair of SPP's for my foglights.

As for the type of foglights and how to change them, just check your owner's manual, it's alll in there. There should even be a diagram showing how to change them.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
whaaaa? someone, please tell me that this is an error, how did they did publish the type of foglight in the manual? This is my 2nd 3-series (used to have a 2001 330xi, now '04 m3), and the type of fog light has always been there.

·
Tinfoilhatatarian
2,337 Posts
2001BMW330xi said:
For fog light conversion to HID you just have to buy the new bulbs. Check out SPP (www.supremepowerparts.com) Or Hoen XenonMatch (google it, get the website). I've heard that these two are the best for matching with your xenons, I've ordered a pair of SPP's for my foglights.
As for the type of foglights and how to change them, just check your owner's manual, it's alll in there. There should even be a diagram showing how to change them.
No offense, but your wrong twice..:p

Just changing out the bulb only does not give you HID lighting.... You need New HID bulbs, the wires and ballasts to convert to TRUE HID...:thumbup:

and the bulb install is not in he ,manual for 2004.....:banghead:

PEOPLE PLEASE!!! before you say "RTFM" or "its in the manual" MAKE SURE it is.... KThanks :read:

Here check out MY DIY I made ;) :thanks:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=159127&highlight=diy+sticky+fog+light

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.